Sunday, October 21, 2018

30 Days of Blogging: Day 20

Day 20: What holds me back?

Shamefully, I admit that I am what holds me back.

My relationship with change plays a key factor in me holding myself back. I have allowed my fear of the unknown and my constant overthinking to keep me from being the person that I know I can be. The wide, the mother, the friend. It also holds me back from being as successful as I could be in my career.

My life consists of constant growth and and growth means change. With that constant growth comes me learning new and/or different ways to get out of my own mind. Ways to embrace change. Different ways to break free of habits that are holding me back.

I can say with complete certainty that the times when I have stepped out of who I am used to being and into who I should be, I have found nothing but success. However, that success is mentally overwhelming for me and out of habit, I revert back to my old self. Change and I have never gotten along and I see that in order for me to stop holding myself back, I have to change. The time has been long overdue for me to lose that old habit of getting overwhelmed and make new the habit of getting comfortable with the changes that come with, well, change.

No comments:

Post a Comment