Wednesday, October 17, 2018

30 Days of Blogging: Day 16

Day 16: What three lessons do I want my children to learn from me?

While there are multiple lessons that I want my children to learn from me, this post only requires that I list three. Hmm... I guess I will try to narrow them down to my top three lessons.

Lesson One: I want my children to learn from me that it is okay to make mistakes in life.That people make mistakes. That we are not perfect individuals and we never will be. I want them to understand that in order for them to move forward in their growth process, they must forgive themselves, as well as others, for their mistakes.

Lesson Two: This should have been lesson one, but it is still a lesson all the same. I want my children to learn from me that it is important to take accountability for their actions. If they begin that process early on in their lives, they will find that once they are older, they will be completely content with every decision that they have made to get them to where they are. Accountability is an important process and waiting until you are an adult to face that is an extremely emotional and humbling experience; avoid that pitfall by starting early.

Lesson Three: I want my children to learn from that no matter what anyone says, you always have a choice in life. Choices that you are able to make for yourself. Sometimes, the choices laid before you can be hard ones, ones that you would rather not have to make at all, but they are choices all the same. No matter the choice you make on the path that is your life, make that choice with confidence. Be prepared for the outcome of that choice but know that it was a choice that you made yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment