Friday, October 12, 2018

30 Days of Blogging: Day 11

Day 11: How have I changed over the last few years.

To put it simply, I've grown.

I've grown as an individual in a way that I am more open minded and understanding. Caring and supportive. Patient even. I am no longer judgemental. In places where I used to only see black and white, I now see shades of gray.

They way I can tell that I have grown is from the reactions of those around me and how I feel about myself.

There used to be a time when I wasn't told anything because I would have an unwanted opinion or judgement about a situation. There used to be a time where I was considered a bitch and was unnecessarily nasty to people. There used to be a time when if it wasn't black or white then it simply didn't make sense to me and wasn't possible.

There used to a lot of things about me that I didn't like, so I made it my business to work on those things and change them. I wanted to become the kind of person that my children could be proud about introducing their friends to. The kind of person that my husband smiled about at just the thought of me. The kind of person that made my family feel like I was in their corner instead of looking down my nose at them.

How have I changed? Well, I've changed completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment