Sunday, October 14, 2018

30 Days of Blogging: Day 13

Day 13: In what area do I need to improve self-discipline?

That's easy, my focus.

As an entrepreneur focusing on anything is everything.

There are multiple projects that I have started that I have yet to finish because I cannot seem to stay focused on them long enough to get them completed. I know for a fact that I would be further with my goals for each project if I could just sit still and keep my mind on the task at hand, but that's not always the case.

Something in my mind causes me to lose focus and I sometimes find myself struggling to get it back long enough to get anything done.

As a writer, I have multiple unfinished poems and stories, each begging for me to complete them. My novella took me about 6 years to write because I wouldn't make myself focus on it long enough to get it written. And believe me, when I made myself focus, pages on top of pages were written; many to my wide eyed surprise.

Sometimes, I wish my focus overrode my drive because my drive rarely ever wavers and if it does, it's nothing for it get back on track. But my focus... That's a monster of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment