Friday, November 24, 2017

Flow Friday

Welcome to Flow Friday! Poetry lovers, kick back and enjoy the read!
 

---------------------------------------------------------
 


By Jules B   

The Gravedigger came calling, he found me one night.
He said, “Girl what are you doing, out at this time?”


“I am looking for my soul. I lost long ago. I thought I might find It… in the valley down below.”

~ It’s been blown far away, twisted and bent, thrown down a hole and lost to the wind.
~ It’s been traded for pennies, bought on a whim, carried on horseback and given as a gift.
~ It’s been thrown into prison, called a liar and a thief.
~ It’s been taken cross countries, it’s found no relief.
~ It’s been rejected, denied, betrayed and damaged.
…I’m afraid I don’t know, if much is left to carry.


The Gravedigger asked me, “Why do you want such a wretched soul? If you want I’ll take it, don’t worry, I know just where it goes.”

I said, “Not tonight, no, I’m not ready to be buried. I think I’ll stay a little longer, mend some pieces, try and put things back together. See it may be ugly, bruised, worn down and damaged… But to me it’s the last thing I have to hold on to and cherish.”


---------------------------------------------------------

Every Friday, I will showcase one or two other poet's work. If this is something that you are interested in participating in, please click on this link and fill out the form. Poems will be posted in no particular order so be sure to keep an eye out for yours!😉

 

No comments:

Post a Comment