Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 11/21

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors Jodie Summers and M.E. Guiere!

----------------------------------------------------------

Name: Jodie L Summers

How long have you been published? June 2016

What's the worst part about being published? Everyone thinks you have a magic pen or keyboard. The expectation for you to produce a literary masterpiece is multiplied tenfold, from just saying I wrote something you should read; to can you get me published and where do I start.

What's the best part about being published? Everyone thinks you have a magic pen or keyboard. It gives you validation for all the time you spent editing, writing, and coming up with your part of history. It's a statement saying, "I belong here". No matter what it took to make it through the process, I defeated the dragon.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? A little bit of both. My book is the first one they ever published. My publisher puts it on the market, gets my hardcopies to me (when I have the funds available), comes to as many events as they can, and keeps track of all digital sales.

*What are the highs, if any? Knowing every book I sale makes the world a better place. Having a brand that will outlive the creator.

*What are the lows, if any? Trying to convince people to sit down and read a book. Waiting on reviews, and reminding them to leave them for other readers to see.

What is the name of your book(s)? Tears Of The Wounded.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? Yes and no. I wanted to tell my story and the stories of my friends, who didn't get the chance to speak out before it was too late or didn't know where to start and how to push past the pain of living it. The hard part was keeping the soul of the truth, but making it so no one would be able to point a finger at the victim.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Knowing some part of you is going out into the world alone, to be interpreted by a person you may never meet.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Knowing that this story is yours. The ink you lay on blank pages will be read by generations long after your gone. You have the power to create something of value, all you have to do is write.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Amazon, all digital markets, and me.

Do you have any future projects in the works? I am a traveling Spoken Word artist, community organizer, activist, chef, actor, illustrator, social media networker and builder. There is always something going on with me. Releasing Vol 2, adapting Vol 1 into a stage play and releasing my first album sit at the top of my list.

*Is there a tentative release date? Pushing for the end of 2017 beginning of 2018; for the release dates on album and Vol 2 of the first series of books. 3 series of books planned out so far.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? I have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest. You can search my name or #SpokenTruth and join the revolution. All my pages are linked so if you find one you can get them all.
  
----------------------------------------------------------

Name: M.E. Giguere

How long have you been published? My first book came out in 2015.

What's the worst part about being published? Marketing.

What's the best part about being published? Proud comes to mind, crossing one more thing off my bucket list.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? Self published with CreateSpace.

*What are the highs, if any? They have an incredible team to help you with each step along the way.

*What are the lows, if any? Not being computer savvy.

What is the name of your book(s)? Book 1, TAKEN by STORM, subtitle, It's More Than a Rose. Book 2, TAKEN by STORM, subtitle, He Held My Heart Captive. Book 3, a standalone to the TAKEN by STORM series, Silent Whispers.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? I was lucky my story lines flowed, seeing the first two were an embellished love story of my own life's journey. I was fortunate the stories easily flowed onto the pages.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? The books can be purchased on amazon/kindle/kindle unlimited or at book stores.

Do you have any future projects in the works? Future projects include publishing a children's book I illustrated and wrote back in 95. Book 4, coming soon and is being edited as we speak: Madam President, Sonja, subtitle, An Affair At 1600.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Facebook is my only media.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to reading more from you in the future! Thank you, La Kata EK.

----------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you author Cathy Jackson!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!πŸ’žπŸ‘‘ ✊πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ—£πŸŽ™✍πŸ“šπŸŽ­πŸ–ΌπŸ›πŸŽΌπŸ‘‘

    ReplyDelete