Thursday, November 2, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 11/2

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author N'Zuri Za Austin!


---------------------------------------------------------- 

Name: N’Zuri Za Austin

How long have you been published? I have been published for a little over a year now.  My actual publication date was on June 8, 2016

What is the name of your book(s)? The name of my book is Fragments of a Reflection. It is a collection of short stories and poetry that narrate the lives of five women who on the surface appear to be beautiful, successful, and emotionally strong.  The women, however, are conscious of their internal truth and know they are nothing more than what the mirror says they are – a fragmented reflection.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? What are the highs and lows? I went through an Atlanta based publishing company called Urban Edge Publishing. They were amazing to work with. The lows are that I know nothing about publishing, marketing, or selling a book. The highs are that I’m with a company who understands that, and who is willing to teach me.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? I’d like to think it was pretty easy for me to write.  I write life. I write what I see; what I am exposed to; what I’ve been through; what I feel…  I’m just taking all of those things and transferring them into words and poetry.

What's the worst part about being published? The worst part about being published is that I’ve exposed myself to critique. I know that not everyone is going to like my writing, and that not everyone is going to understand my vision - but still, hearing it or seeing it in a review terrifies me.

What's the best part about being published? The best part about being published is that I know my words will live forever; that I am leaving a part of myself behind; that I may someday become someone’s history lesson.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Writing ‘Once upon a time’ and ‘The End’.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? The writing isn’t hard; it’s the marketing that I hate. 

Do you have any future projects in the works? I don’t have any more books planned, but as a filmmaker, I do have projects in the works. As a matter of fact, I’m just finishing up post-production on my Battle Line Series – so I’ll be touring that around soon. I also have a few other Poetry in Motion projects in the works. One is a domestic violence piece and the other is a piece on love. And I may turn my book into a movie… maybe.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Right now, my book can be purchased at Urban Edge Publishing and on Amazon, but hopefully one day it will be available in stores worldwide.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? They can email me, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and stay in the know.

----------------------------------------------------------

Join me next week as I bring you more authors!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment