Friday, December 22, 2017

Flow Friday

Welcome to Flow Friday! Poetry lovers, kick back and enjoy the read!

---------------------------------------------------------

*It is my pleasure to be able to share with you all a poem written by my amazing mother!*


Borrowed Angel By Barbara J. Epps

I borrowed an angel
Only for a short time
My lil borrowed angel
Wasn't really mine.

The Lord called him home
One lesson I did learn
Angels are given to some
Others, a temporary loan.

Love and cherish your angels
For they aren't really ours
Treat them as if they were borrowed
No one is promised tomorrows.

When that time comes
Let them go with grace
Homebound they are going
Beside the throne, an eternal place.

I'll miss my borrowed angel
Tomorrow seems so very bleak
Thank you, Precious Lord,
Of all the mothers, you selected me.

To every mother who has ever had to return a "Borrowed Angel"

---------------------------------------------------------

 Every Friday, I will showcase one or two other poet's work. If this is something that you are interested in participating in, please click on this link and fill out the form. Poems will be posted in no particular order so be sure to keep an eye out for yours!😉

No comments:

Post a Comment