Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 12/5

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author D.E. Eliot!

----------------------------------------------------------

Name: D.E. Eliot

How long have you been published? I will be officially published on November 30th 2017. Although I've worked on a lot of projects, never had I worked on anything as grand as a full-length novel like this.

What's the worst part about being published? The Grind... as a writer all you ever really wanna do is write. Yet, so much goes into the grind. You have to be ready to change hats at a moment's noticed. You have to be willing to change from writer, to salesperson, to instructor, to public speaker, to accountant. Failure to adapt to what's required could cost you more than just sales... it will cost you readers.

What's the best part about being published? Every author wants and need to be read. Being published is the best way for this need to be achieved. Writing is our passion, and some of us will do it just for food money but without readers none that matters.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I went through my own publishing house: Write On Publishing.

*What are the highs, if any? The highs of owning the publishing house you're published through is the control. You set the terms and conditions for the project on the table. If it fails for lack of knowledge then it's on you but if it succeeds then it's all because of you.

*What are the lows, if any? Doubt!!! Never should you care what others think but we are all human and knowing someone doubts you because Random House, Simon & Schuster, or HarperCollins isn't on the side of your book, can get a little infuriating. I used to think I wasn't good enough... now I think I'm too good and I don't wanna make millions for an empty suit when I can make it for myself.

What is the name of your book(s)? RUINED

Was it/were they an easy write for you? HELL NO... 6 1/2 months of pulling teeth then 4 months of editing. Although it was hell, I enjoyed it tremendously.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? When someone says I'm one of their favorite authors, I hesitate to believe them. Not because I think they're lying but because I will always see myself as this 8-year-old little kid who struggled so much to read a 3 word sentence that it petrified me to open a book. It's an awkward feeling wanting to read but not knowing how. I remember watching the Never Ending Story, and believing every book must be as cool as those things I saw on the screen. I remember how that big red scholastic bus would show up to the school, bringing a truckload of books for sale. But we were poor so I thought the reason I couldn't work out how to read words was because I couldn't afford them. This morning it became official... I am now a published author. After all these years. After 3,000 books read. After a million words written. After six and a half months of writing and 4 months of editing... I guarantee you my novel will not disappoint because at the end of the day I will always be afraid of being seen as that 8-year-old little kid that struggled to read.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? When you find out you tell me. Writing a novel shouldn't be easy... it should be a grind. Each story should get your very best and I've never known anyone to say that giving it your all is a cake walk.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Depend on when this posted, you can pre-order my novel at my website, but on December 19th, you should able to get the book wherever; Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Books A Million. eBook version will be on Amazon/kindle, Nook, iBook, and Kobo.

Do you have any future projects in the works? Yes, two actually... "Betrayed" and "Fragments"

*Is there a tentative release date? No, no set date... but Betrayed will be released late next year.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram

Thank you for you time and I look forward to reading more from you in the future!
Thank You for your time and as always... Write On

 ----------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you authors Nah'Sun the Great and Bella Emy!


No comments:

Post a Comment