Thursday, December 14, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 12/14

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors Rae'Symone and TN Jones!

----------------------------------------------------------

Name: Rae'Symone

How long have you been published? I've been published for three wonderful months.


What's the worst part about being published? I haven't experienced any bad things so far. I'm fairly new to the literary world so I'm admiring and learning from those who inspire me.

What's the best part about being published? The best part about being published is actually watching people enjoy my work. Having something that you can call your own is amazing.  I can remember receiving my first copy in the mail, it was the most humbling experience ever.

Are you self-published or did you go through a publishing company? I am self-published, I had an amazing team who helped me with the process of publishing my book.

*What are the highs, if any? Actually, getting great acknowledgement and support. I think hearing someone say, "Girl, that book was amazing!" or "I'm ready for Part ll!" It became real to me when my readers debated about which character they like best and how they fantasized about my male characters.

What are the lows, if any? The lows of being a self-published author is simple, if you don't promote yourself, no one else will. Especially, if you are newly released like myself. I realize that the more I promote and the more work I put out, people will eventually give my books a try.

What is the name of your book(s)? "What's Love Without A Tragedy"

Was it/were they an easy write for you? I've been working on my book for quite some time. It was so easy for me to sit down and listen to my characters talk. Once I got started everything flowed.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? The hardest part was telling myself where to end the book and realizing I didn't have to give away all of my plots in this one book. I have plenty more left to write.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? The easiest and most enjoyable part is when I was up late at nights enjoying my wine and listening to my characters talk.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? "What's Love Without A Tragedy" is available for purchase on Amazon. I am working on a website soon and they will be available to purchase there as well.

Do you have any future projects in the works? Yes, I'm working on a children's book for my son and another urban romance titled "Pressure Makes Diamonds", which will be available sometime this spring.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Sure; my Facebook pages which are Authoress Rae'Symone as well as my promotional page "Pages From the Hearts of A Hopeless Romantic".

 ----------------------------------------------------------

Name: TN Jones 

How long have you been published? December 2015

What’s the worst part about being published? For me, there is no worst part of being published.

What’s the best part about being published? The best part of being published are: the ability to take readers away from a hectic day, deliver messages, and to showcase my talent. 

Are you self-published or did you go through a publishing company? I started out through a publishing house. I recently became a self-publishing novelist.

*What are the highs, if any? The highs of both (publishing company and self-publishing): that I love doing what I do, communicating with readers, and learning more about my talent and other issues within the world as I use them in my stories.

*What are the lows, if any? The lows of both (publishing company and self-publishing): dealing with an uncontrollable, unstable health issue (Hidradenitis Suppurativa) while maintaining the stable illnesses of Familial Adenomatous Polyposis and Venous Angioma, having to stay focus on my original goal of writing, and possibly getting overlooked/ignored because of my writing style or not being able to produce a book in a timely manner.

What is the name of your book(s)? Disloyal: Revenge of a Broken Heart, Disloyal 2: A Woman’s Revenge, Disloyal 3: A Woman’s Revenge, A Sucka in Love For a Thug, If You’ll Give Me Your Heart, If You’ll Give Me Your Heart 2: All or Nothing, and The Streets Made Me a Savage 1-3.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? All of my stories were easy to write until it was time for me to have surgery for HS and recovering. Those surgeries would set me back. I would forget what I had written, or I just didn’t have the mindset to write due to the process of me caring for my wound and healing properly.

What’s the hardest part about writing a book? For me, the hardest thing about writing a book is the opening sentence.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? My books are available on Amazon. Readers are more than welcome to inbox me directly for any copies of my books.

Do you have any future projects in the works? Yes, I do have future projects in the works. By Any Means: Going Against the Grain, and the sequel (finale) By Any Means 2: Going Against the Grain. 

*Is there a tentative release date? Part one will be rerelease January 1, 2018. The finale will release later in January 2018.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with readers? Yes, I do have social media sites that I would love readers to follow me on: Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Tumblr, and Twitter.

----------------------------------------------------------

Join me next week as I bring you more authors! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment