Thursday, December 7, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 12/7

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors Nah'Sun the Great and Bella Emy!

----------------------------------------------------------


Name: Nah'Sun the Great

How long have you been published? I've been published since 2009 under another name. I don't count those years tho. 2011 is really my genesis. Then again, I did win the Best New Male Author award at the 2009 UBUS Black Book Awards in Virginia. So I guess that counts.

8 years in the book game overall with no sleep.


What's the worst part about being published? The worst part is readers not wanting to read anything different than they're used to reading. A lot of people are set in their ways, which makes things worse for upcoming authors. Then again, with all the rubbish that's coming out nowadays, I don't blame readers for not taking chances and possibly waste their hard earned money.

What's the best part about being published? Women throwing their panties at me during my book signings.

Are you self-published or did you go through a publishing company? I'm an independently run entity. I wouldn't mind partnering with a major publishing house. Key word: partnering. I'm not becoming a worker after living as my own boss. I want a partnership agreement with any major I choose to do business with if any of them express interest.

*What are the highs, if any? Royalty check deposits from Barnes and Noble, and Amazon for eBook sales.

*What are the lows, if any? Knowing that I could most definitely sell more books if I had the proper push on a bigger platform.

What is the name of your book(s)? I have 4 books in the Thick series, the most recent novel is Thick Girls and the Guys Who Love Them, and I'm currently working on You, Me, Us, and Them - The Swinger Chronicles, which should be completed and ready for press by the time this interview is posted.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? All my books are easy to write because I enjoy them. If I don't enjoy my work, I won't write it. Simple as that. I figure if writing is a job to me, then reading it would be a job for the reader.

I write better when I'm on the road (buses and trains) during any time of the day.

I'm a momentum writer, meaning I gotta feel what I write. Otherwise, nothing is getting penned. I can't force feed a moment.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Finding and executing a plot/sub-plots to engage the reader, and then coming up with an ending that makes sense.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Getting into the role of the characters I create, and playing psychologist so readers could know and understand the method to the madness.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Anybody could purchase my books at my website.

I have eBook and paperback info on the website, along with my social media handles and blog site.

Do you have any future projects in the works? You, Me, Us, and Them is the next project on deck. It's a novel about swinging, or in simpler words, couple swapping. And yes, I'm in the lifestyle. So a lot of scenes are from experience as well as my imagination.

That project will be 500 pages of sexutainment with no filler whatsoever.

Is there a tentative release date? Valentine's Day would be a perfect day for that type of book for couples, or anyone who's interested in the Swinger lifestyle. You could at least read about it if you choose not to partake.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Anybody could reach me at... Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and My Website

Thank you for you time and I look forward to reading more from you in the future! And I wanna thank you, La Kata EK, for allowing the king to bless your platform, and also my readers/supporters for helping me along the way.

My success is your success.

And on that note...

Peace and Afro Grease

Aye!

----------------------------------------------------------

Name: Bella Emy


How long have you been published? A little over 2 years now.

What's the worst part about being published? The worst part? I think I have yet to come across this… I love the whole aspect of writing.

What's the best part about being published? Reaching readers and fans. It’s such an amazing feeling when someone lets you know just how much they loved your book or how much they were able to connect with your characters.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I’m published through Wild Dreams Publishing

*What are the highs, if any? Besides writing and receiving great reviews, my most favorite part of being a published author is selecting the cover. I’ve had the pleasure of working with Veronique Poirier, who not only happens to be a very talented author, but also an amazingly creative cover artist and formatter. She is fantastic and really brought my cover for A Love Beyond Time to life. The way she designed it was exactly how I had pictured it in my mind. She is the best! I can’t wait to reveal the rest of my covers she created for me. Secrets was the only cover I created on my own.

*What are the lows, if any? The lows would probably be the waiting period: waiting for the book to release, & waiting for the reviews to come in!

What is the name of your book(s)? I have a ton of books I’ve written, but most of them are either in the process of re-releasing with my new publisher, or will be coming soon. Here are the titles of all my stories: A Love Beyond Time, Secrets, The Charmed Necklace, Two Wrongs Make a Right, Brokenhearted, & Alexia’s Awakening. The following stories are all going to be part of anthologies coming out starting October of 2017: A Butterfly in Maple Grove, Lights Out, Deadly Dreams, Love Sick, Beneath a Starlit Sky, & many more in the process!

Was it/were they an easy write for you? Some were, others weren’t. I have written one short story in less than a week, and I have written one novel that took me about 2 years. It all depends.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Making sure to staying true to timelines & characters. I’m constantly going back and re-reading to make sure there are no inconsistencies.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? For me, the easiest part is being able to create. I write fiction so it’s easy to talk about what I picture in my mind and have stories flow exactly the way I want.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? My books can be found on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, & Lulu. I also have an order form for those interested in signed paperbacks here.

Do you have any future projects in the works? Yes. Almost all of the titles I have listed above will be releasing soon. My current work in progress is Beneath a Starlit Sky, which will be featured in the Me + You 2018 Summer Romance Anthology.

*Is there a tentative release date? The release date for it will be in June 2018.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Sure thing! I am on pretty much all social media sites. Here are all my links: Facebook Account, FacebookPage, Street Team Signup, Book Group, Twitter, Instagram: Goodreads, Amazon, Bookbub, Wattpad, Website,



----------------------------------------------------------

Join me next week as I bring you more authors!


No comments:

Post a Comment