Friday, October 27, 2017

Flow Friday

Welcome to Flow Friday! Poetry lovers, kick back and enjoy the read!
 

---------------------------------------------------------
 

I cried for you... 

Every time I try to push away the pain, I am reminded I cried for you. 

I cried for you... 

Because of you I was foolish enough to fall to for the games… how there would be no more scars on my heart, no more days where I would just sit up and look at the blank wall, searching for the answers as the tears run down my swollen face. 

I cried for me... 

I told my heart not to worry!!... I told my heart that enough time had passed, that the scar tissue, stitches, bruised left ventricle and overworked cordite artery would finally be receiving better days. I convinced my blood not to run cold, that there would be one soul who could merge and mend this duct taped government funded disaster, and pay the toll that life wasn't always your fault. 

I cried for truth... 

Because of you every face that I see becomes a smile... a crooked little grin that screams, I know the reason your here... I know every little secret your trying to hide behind your eyes. I know every failure, every mistake, every miniscule microscopic reason you deserved to fail. And no matter how many streams, rivers, lakes or oceans of Tears fall from your face... I will ask for more because you haven't shown me enough. 

I cried for death... 

But the tears never came. The salty secretions that drenched my face, engraved tombstones of irritated and battered pores, consoled my pillows with an Oasis of floodwater, had finally stopped today. 

I wiped away my last tear today... 

I stood to my feet, ground up every ounce of doubt within me and walked calmly towards my destiny. The last tear to fall took with it the best memory all... You should have cried the day... you forgot about me.
 
---------------------------------------------------------

Every Friday, I will showcase one or two other poet's work. If this is something that you are interested in participating in, please click on this link and fill out the form. Poems will be posted in no particular order so be sure to keep an eye out for yours!😉
 

1 comment: