Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 10/17

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author AJ Renee!

----------------------------------------------------------

Name: AJ Renee

How long have you been published? August 18th, 2016 was the birth of my author career.

What's the worst part about being published? The stress. There is so many arms to this machine and juggling it all is hard.

What's the best part about being published? I’ve met so many amazing people I didn’t know before this journey.

Are you self-published or did you go through a publishing company? I am self-published, but I’m open to becoming hybrid.

What are the highs, if any? My novels and stories are all mine. No one can take that away from me. It was a similar feeling to graduating and achieving my degrees. Blood, sweat, and tears have gone into my novels and I’m so proud of myself for everything I’ve done.

What are the lows, if any? Marketing…The market changes so much and I want to unite readers and my stories. There are so many things you can do, but not everything works for everyone. I would rather spend the time chatting with my readers than having to market.

What is the name of your book(s)? The St. Fleur series now encompasses, Widower’s Aura, Always Mine, and Duplicity. Beauty Unmasked is my Beauty and the Beast novella in the Fractured Fairytales anthology.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? Widower’s Aura started as grief therapy for myself so it had its moments, but overall these characters wanted to be shared. That makes the process easier. Duplicity kind of stopped so I got frustrated before I realized there was nothing left to share. You should listen to your characters.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Finding time to write.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? When the characters living in your head are ready to talk and won’t shut up.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iTunes, and Kobo.

Do you have any future projects in the works? I do! I am now in post-production for my untitled Christmas novella coming end of November. Early 2018 the next story in the St. Fleur series, No Going Back should release. I also have a few other projects in the works.

Is there a tentative release date? November 20th is the tentative release date for my Christmas novella.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? They can like my Facebook page, follow me on Amazon and BookBub, and check out my website. I also have a great group of readers and if you want to join the St. Fleur Belles group we’d love to have more drama free readers. My other sites are: Newsletter Sign-Up, Twitter, Instagram, and Goodreads.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to reading more from you in the future! Thank you for this great opportunity! I love meeting new people and can’t wait to get to know everyone!
 

----------------------------------------------------------  

Join me on Thursday as I bring you author Jen Selinsky! 

 

2 comments: