Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 10/3

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author Fatima Munroe!

---------------------------------------------------------
 

Name: Fatima Munroe

How long have you been published? I’ve been published since 4/15, currently I have written 12 books and contributed to 4 anthologies. My next book has a tentative release date of 1/14.

What’s the worst part about being published? I haven’t really had a negative experience being a published author. I’ve met some great people in the industry, and some who weren’t so great. For the most part, being published is similar to any other job that I’ve worked.

What’s the best part about being published? Best part about being published is the reviews and feedback that I’ve received from my readers. Knowing that I put something out in the world that has been received both positively and negatively has given me the tools needed to grow in my craft.

Are you self-published, or did you go through a publishing company? What are the highs? Lows? Currently I am signed to a publishing company, however I have completed a project with a group of self-published authors. Highs: being able to share my work with an established reader base while growing my own. Lows: promoting my work with an already demanding schedule. But isn’t that every author’s challenge? LOL!

What is the name of your book(s)? I’ve written Chi-Town’s Queen 1 – 3, Madam Co’caina: A Queen Pin’s Story 1-3, Ain’t No Thug Like The One I Got, Married To A Kingpin, A Thug and A Gentleman: Misa’s Story, Love, Betrayal, and Dirty Money, All I Have: A Collection Of Hood Love Stories, I Stay Down To Ride, Tell Me You Love Me, Boss Status: Loving A Street King (part 2 will be available 1/14/17), The Ink Masters Street Report, and Til Death Do Us Part-A Domestic Violence Anthology.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? Yes and no. My first few series were, but I experienced a rough patch coupled with the death of someone very close to me last year. My writing was affected because of it; there is one book written during that time where I can see that period chronicled in my work.

What’s the hardest part about writing a book? Word counts! Seriously, writing a piece that will keep the reader entertained. Anyone can sit down and put words to paper; being able to see a story in your head, see your characters interact with one another and put those scenes on paper in a way that makes sense is the real challenge.

What’s the easiest part about writing a book? When you type the words, ‘The End’! LOL! I think the easiest part about writing is in the outlining of the book itself. Forming the story line, getting your characters’ names figured out, what the book is about, that’s the easy part.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? From my website, of course! Sign up to receive newsletters, exclusive sneak peeks, and contest alerts.

Do you have any future projects in the works? Is there a tentative release date? I have a few projects in the works, no tentative release dates as of yet. I’m working on a few anthologies as well as a prequel for one of my series. I’ve also partnered with another author and we’re on a standalone.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share? Of course! Follow me at: Facebook, Twitter, IG, Google+, Website, Email, and Wattpad.

---------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you author Penward Emelius! 


No comments:

Post a Comment