Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 10/31

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author Lance Oliver Keeble!

----------------------------------------------------------

Name: Lance Oliver Keeble


How long have you been published?
My current Novel since April 21st, 2016

What is the worst part about being published?
The worst part of being published is Promotion, Sales and my general lack of experience. (Laughing)

What's the best part about being published?
Seeing your vision come to fruition. (Rubbing hands manically together with one eyebrow is raised)

Are you self-published or did you go through a publishing company?
Self-Published

*What are the highs, if any? Book Signings and events, meeting readers and reader reviews…

*What are the lows, if any? The business side, promotions, sales, spending a shit load of your own money…
What is the name of your book(s)?
Globes Disease

Was it/were they an easy write for you?
Yes and No, took me 25 years to complete. The novel started out as short story, which turned into a novella that turned in to several novellas that became a novel. Finding and keeping good editors was an issue. Went through 3 before finding a good fit for this specific book. Also trying to get traditional publishers to see the vision. I am not always comfortable at being a salesman. Which sucks because it is actually a good book, speaking from a reader’s perspective and not an author.

What's the hardest part about writing a book?
Carving out and dedicating time without interruptions…I have a busy life.

What's the easiest part about writing a book?
The flow, what’s I get going its difficult to stop…

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)?
My website has the links to all the purchasing options, or if you are local to Los Angeles, stop in at the Barnes and Noble at the Grove and pick up a signed copy.

Do you have any future projects in the works?
Yes, actually I do. I have a story in Black Power: The Superhero Anthology edited by Balogun Ojetade.

I finished the prequel to my novel; we are in the editing stages now.

I am writing the sequel to my novel with no timetable on completion yet.

I am also reworking my Super-Hero Graphic Novel script with a fantastic editor as well.

I submit poetry and short stories, to magazines, blogs and anthologies.

I am constantly looking for reviews for my novel and I’ve entered a few contests as well. (I was Best Book Awards Finalist in my genre)

I will be in Colors in Darkness Documentary discussing being a Black Author in Sci-Fi, Horror genre…

(Colors In Darkness Documentary trailer...Check me out at…10:20)

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers?
Absolutely: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and Global Disease.

----------------------------------------------------------
 

 Join me Thursday as I bring you N'Zuri Za Austin! 

 

2 comments:

  1. How do I become featured on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize, I am just now seeing this. Please email me at spotlightauthors@gmail.com so that I can give you more details.

      Delete