Friday, October 6, 2017

Flow Friday

Welcome to Flow Friday! Poetry lovers, kick back and enjoy the read!

---------------------------------------------------------
 

It was all
I could think of,
All day long.
As hard as my hands
Were holding gifts
And colours of joy
And as they all appear to be
In the hands of the man
That I am.
But no one knew,
And I doubt anyone could have,
If they see a battle of angels
Up in the sky,
Mistakenly being a million stars.
Some go bright,
And some never go, at all.
And I have see one.
Among them all
Falling all the way down into my hands
And holding onto my heart
As they both fell
Down.
If they go on a date.
And the gathering they call a date…
I must be doing it wrong,
Sharing a chair with you Is the light of the sun
Shared on half of my face
For I am the moon.
And kissing your lips
Is an answered prayer
The man that I am always had
Since I got out of work, at noon.
And just the smile you keep wearing
And I promise you
You wouldn’t need to wear any
Other clothing,
Shall we, share a bed?
And cuddle
Under the sea of your fallen mates
And above the surface of what seems
To be a moon to your planet
Wherever it is
You are not from this
Earth
And even if I am, I wouldn’t want to be.
Remember the day you were born.
Always,
And I bet, the whole world knew.
As long as they saw that light of dawn
Striking brighter
With the very first breath
You stole...

---------------------------------------------------------

Every Friday, I will showcase one or two other poet's work. If this is something that you are interested in participating in, please click on this link and fill out the form. Poems will be posted in no particular order so be sure to keep an eye out for yours!😉

No comments:

Post a Comment