Thursday, October 26, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 10/26

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author Y. M. Sheree!

----------------------------------------------------------

Name: Y. M. Sheree

How long have you been published? My first book was published in October 2015.

What's the worst part about being published? I don't feel there is a worse part of being published. It takes time but anything you are adamant about achieving takes time.

What's the best part about being published? I think one of the best things about being published is having my writing out so the world can read my work.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I am self-published now but I was signed to three different publishing companies.

*What are the highs, if any? The highs are being able to have my work published. I have total reign over all my projects from the covers, my content, and when I publish. I also set my own deadlines, which relieves a lot of stress. In addition, I earn all my royalties and don't have to receive a percentage from the publishing company.

*What are the lows, if any? I would have to say the lows would be that I don't have enough time to write or promoting my books. When you are self-published, you pay for your covers, editing, and any other necessary things that need to help getting your book published.

What is the name of your book(s)? I have four books that are published Purple Haze 1&2, The Switch Up, and Fantasy Island.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? My first three were easy to write. My latest book Fantasy Island was the most difficult to write. The reason this one was difficult is because I had a lot of moving pieces. It has four different main characters with their sub characters. It was fun to write. The Switch Up was a little difficult to write because of the two twin sisters.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? For me the hardest part about writing as book is fighting writer's block and having my words and storyline flow correctly. I also sometimes get in my own way. What I mean by this is, I will try to rewrite what I have written instead of getting the story out and then do the edits. It has caused my creativity to be stifled.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? I don't know if there is anything about writing a book because if there was almost everyone would have written one. If you have a storyline that truly flows then it makes the process a lot easier.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? My books are available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble on eBook and paperbacks. The Switch Up is the only one on audio book.

Do you have any future projects in the works? I am currently working on an Interracial Romance called One Night to Forever. I also have a few storylines written down to work on after this one is released. My readers are waiting for the final book of my Purple Haze series which I need to push out as well.

*Is there a tentative release date? I have had a few tentative release dates but nothing solid. Life sometimes gets in the way and causes minor setbacks to major comebacks.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers?  My website, Goodreads, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, AuthorGo, Email, Facebook  Pages: VABREDSAG, YMSheree, FB Group.

----------------------------------------------------------

 Join me next week as I bring you more authors!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment