Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 10/10

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors W. M. Bunche and Champagne BcMc!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: W.M. Bunche

How long have you been published? My first novel was published October 2016. But my first short story was published back in 2010.

What's the worst part about being published? I don’t have a worst part.  To me being published is a blessing. Everybody wants to write a book, but doing and wanting are 2 different animals.

What's the best part about being published? One of my dreams has come true.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I prefer to say independent.  Self-published to me means I did everything. I only wrote the book.  There were editors, beta readers, book cover designers, etc. that ALL deserve credit in this writing adventure. In the future, I will consider a publishing company, if the business terms favor me.

*What are the highs, if any? Control over my vision.

*What are the lows, if any? Probably, deciding on what cover to use.

What is the name of your book(s)? Mercy’s First Semester

Was it/were they an easy write for you? Writing is never easy but the subject was easy to write about because I was familiar with the life my characters were living.  I love writing and get better the more I do it.  But the time invested in researching and writing was a serious commitment.  However, the feeling I have now that the first book is completed compares to no other feeling.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Editing, editing, editing. It seems like I always catch something that needs to be eliminated or added. For example, another important character resurfaces that I didn’t expect.  When I edit, I recognize holes in the plot that need to be filled.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Researching. I love researching and interviewing people. Also, I find it easy to write dialogue. I like listening to people’s speaking rhythms. It’s like music listening to the way people talk.  I like putting those speech patterns on paper.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Amazon

Do you have any future projects in the works? Yes. A few books and a short story collection that I’m juggling. I’m still promoting Mercy’s First Semester.

*Is there a tentative release date? Not yet. Writing is like baking a cake: Turn off the heat before the cake is done, you’ve got a mess.  I will keep you and other readers posted when the next project is completed and ready for the world.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers?
My website, Twitter, Facebook.

 ---------------------------------------------------------


Name: Champagne BcMc

How long have you been published? I have been published for about 5 months.

What's the worst part about being published? The worst part about being published is finding different ways to gain exposure. As a new author exposure is very important and you must expose yourself very often.

What's the best part about being published? The best part about being published, is knowing you have accomplished your goal of getting published.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I do have a publishing company; Shar-Shey Publishing.

*What are the highs, if any? The biggest high for me was the mentoring I received during the publishing process. My publisher was also a friend and guided me along the way.

*What are the lows, if any? One of my lows was not being quite sure how I wanted things to go. I look for more advice than my instinct of what I wanted. I did some research but apparently not enough because I wanted answers instead of giving the publisher answers.

What is the name of your book(s)? The name of my book is The Goddess of Lust Love and Infatuation

Was it/were they an easy write for you? I feel it was an easy write because I love to write. I always had the passion but never pursued my dream until now.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? The hardest part of writing, putting all your ideas into a book. While writing you need to make sense of it all.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Coming up with the concept for my book was fairly easy. I have experienced things and definitely saw a lot of things, along with my creative thought process help me bring it to my readers.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? You can go on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, Book A Million.

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? I am currently working on the sequel which will be released real soon. I am praying one day for my books to become movies.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? You contact me via email, Facebook, and Instagram

---------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you authors A.M. Author and Ayneka Scott!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment