Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 9/26

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors April Rencher and Mercedes Siler!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: April Rencher

How long have you been published? I have been published for almost two years.

What's the worst part about being published? All of your work is on display for the world to see. 

What's the best part about being published? It is a huge accomplishment for me to be where I am. I never thought I could say I was author.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I am self-published. It is about having freedom.

*What are the highs, if any? The highs are being able to control where I want my material. I don't have anyone telling me what I can say. 

*What are the lows, if any? The lows are not having the financial support of a publisher. You have to do everything yourself.

What is the name of your book(s)? Love Pain & Ecstasy, Ecstasy Love & Pain and Pain Love & Ecstasy

Was it/were they an easy write for you? At times, it was super easy to knock out pages. But there were times, I was insecure and didn't know what to do.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? You want to be authentic, but you want to write about something no one has ever read. You want to make sure it is good. 

What's the easiest part about writing a book? I know the plot. I know how it is going to end. I know the whole timeline. The planning stages are always easy to me.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Everywhere. They can buy it on Amazon (Kindle), Barnes & Noble (Nook), iBooks, Kobo, Smashwords and etc.

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? I should be working on the fourth part to this series. Someone needs to hold me accountable to a release date. I am terrible when it comes to procrastinating with these books.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Twitter

---------------------------------------------------------  

Name: Mercedes Siler

How long have you been published? The first time I published was in 2015, so two years.

What's the worst part about being published? Worrying about if I could have done things better.

What's the best part about being published? Making money from something I created from nothing.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I self-published.

*What are the highs, if any? Getting good reviews.

*What are the lows, if any? Getting bad reviews.

What is the name of your book(s)? My short story is entitled THE GIRL AT THE FRONT OF THE ROOM, my novel is CHASING STARS.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? Pretty easy. I have shelved stories that were harder to write.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Selling it.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Deleting unnecessary words from my rough draft.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? My short story is available on Kindle pre-order.

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? I will be sending Chasing Stars to the editor and I am hoping to release it late 2017/early 2018

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Yes! Facebook, Facebook Group, Twitter, Instagram, and My Website

 ---------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you authors MrChronic Black and Nija Spencer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment