Thursday, September 21, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 9/21

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors Courtney Monya and Le'Vonne!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Courtney Monya
 
How long have you been published?
I was first published in 2016. I republished in July 16, 2017

What's the worst part about being published? The worst part to me is the lack of feedback and marketing skills.

 
What's the best part about being published? The best part about being published is the sense of accomplishment that I get when I reach a writing goal.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company?
I am currently trying the self published way.

*What are the highs, if any? The highs are looking at the bigger picture of I get back as much as I put in. (Hard work and dedication)

*What are the lows, if any? The lows so far are the slow but steady progression. I have almost no patience and things aren't kicking off how I want them to.

What is the name of your book(s)? Torn Between The Game and Love (3part series)

Was it/were they an easy write for you? NOOOOOOOOO, TBTGAL first started off at maybe (if even that much) 20,000 words and being a new writer, I had to go through and add more. I didn't understand being descriptive at first. I had writers block for a year. (Okay, I'm exaggerating, but I did give up.)

What's the hardest part about writing a book? The hardest part to me is finishing the last part of the book. It feels like you're doing brain surgery just to get it out (or maybe that's just me).

What's the easiest part about writing a book?
The easiest part is the outlining part and visualizing senses for the book.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)?
eBooks: Amazon  Paperback: Createspace

Do you have any future projects in the works? Yessss, I have something big in the making that I'm bursting at the seams to containnnnn. (I don't want to speak too soon)

*Is there a tentative release date? No, I do not.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers?
Facebook and Instagram
 
--------------------------------------------------------- 

Name: Le'Vonne

How long have you been published? I have been published for 3 years.

What's the worst part about being published? The worst part of being published is the divide within the urban writing community.

What's the best part about being published? The ability to share a piece of myself with people. I'm very guarded & writing allows me to be transparent.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I started out with a publishing company. I have been self published for a year now. 

*What are the highs, if any? The highs are seeing my thoughts in print as well as speaking with my readers about the books. 

*What are the lows, if any? The lows are wanting to give up due to the industry being cut throat.

What is the name of your book(s)? My titles are: Gurlfriends, Sideline Hoe 1-3, Lil Mama Need Love Too, Dreams & Knightmares, He Said She Said, & Selfish Intentions.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? The only book that was challenging to write was Dreams & Knightmares. The book is loosely based on the relationship between me & my twin flame. It was supposed to be a collaborative project but he passed suddenly before we were able to begin.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Dreams & Knightmares, He Said She Said, & Selfish Intentions can be purchased directly from me or Amazon. My first 5 books (Gurlfriends, Sideline Hoe 1-3 & Lil Mama Need Love Too) will be re-released with extra content added.

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? I am currently alternating between 2 projects. Both are slated for a 2018 release.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)?
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter

---------------------------------------------------------

Join me next week as I bring you more authors!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment