Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 9/19

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors Ms Porsche and Mikel Wilson!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ms Porsche

How long have you been published? I’ve been published for a year and 9 months now

What's the worst part about being published? The worse part about being published is certain restrictions that you can and can't have. Certain things the publisher won’t accept, that I may want and I can't do.

What's the best part about being published?
The best part of being published is communicating with the readers and getting reviews on your books. Feeling important and loved by your supporters is an awesome feeling.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company?
I went through a publishing company.

*What are the highs, if any? The highs are coming in to a following. When you’re with a company that could help tremendously with gaining more support and readers. Also help with getting more information and connection to other book invents and Authors.

*What are the lows, if any? The only lows I could say is the inside drama, and favoritism sometimes I try to stay out of the drama and favoritism I know it when I see it, but I still do my thing and continue to be professional.

What is the name of your book(s)? My first series: A Detroit love thang 1, A Detroit Love thang 2, A Detroit Love Thang 3. My second series: Obsessed with his Love and Obsessed with his Love 2. My third series: Keysha and Raquel - A Detroit bad girl story and Keysha and Raquel - A Detroit bad girl story 2

Was it/were they an easy write for you? I could say my first series was an easy write because I had written it in advance. Before I was ever signed I had books I already had written in my drawer. I just had to add a few more characters and chapters. Other than a couple times of writer's block, my books have been easy to write.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? The hardest part about writing a book would be, just keeping up the flow of your book. Some author could be in the middle of writing a book and decide I'm just not feeling this book any more or would catch writers block to the point they can't think of anything anymore. I've been guilty of that myself. The editing is another hard part, continuing to read over your book after it comes from editing and doing all the corrections. I never want to read a book so much to the point where I become uninterested in it. But if you want your book perfect, you have to do what is right to get it there.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? The easiest part is writing it lol. That's the fun part to me, writing the outline and plots. Just writing.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? All of my books are available on Amazon.

Do you have any future projects in the works? Yes, I have three more books in the works as we speak.

*Is there a tentative release date? Not at the moment, no later than the end of this year.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Yes, you could look me up on: Facebook, Facebook Fan Page, Instagram, and Wattpad.  

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Mikel Wilson

How long have you been published? About a year and a couple of months.

What's the worst part about being published? Gaining exposure... There are a lot of authors out there that are absolutely amazing and to stand out is the hardest part of the industry, in my opinion.

What's the best part about being published? Seeing something that you wrote in someone else’s hands is a validation that all of my hard-work is worth it.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I’m self published.

*What are the highs, if any? Highs to know your fate lays in your own hands...  

*What are the lows, if any? Lows to know your fate is in your own hands lol.

What is the name of your book(s)? Well there are quite a few of them.  The Hybrid Series: Book 1 - A Light Beyond The Darkness, Book 2 - At Last A Glimmer Of Hope, and Book 3 - Out Of The Darkness Into The Fire; Legend Of A Fallen Kingdom, Church Of Legend

Coming Soon: Something For Susan, Shattered But Not Easily Broken, Book 2 - To Legend Of A Fallen Kingdom, and (Below Zero: The Quest For Excalibur)

Was it/were they an easy write for you? Very! My imagination is my greatest asset... I love fantasy and the ability to let it completely free if only for a moment!

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Editing and punctuation! I hate it!

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Letting my imagination write the story!

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Amazon in paperback or Kindle download. Barnes & Noble website as well as Books a Million.

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? Lots of projects in the works no release day set just yet but keep an eye out! I promote heavily before a book drops!

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Of course!!
Let me list them, it may take a minute, lol. Facebook Fan Page, Facebook Fantasy Blog, Mikel Wilson’s Book Club, The Light Beyond The Darkness, Author Instagram, and Book Instagram.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to reading more from you in the future! Thank you, ma’am, for the opportunity to be interviewed by you! I look forward to our next one!

---------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you authors Courtney Monya and Le'Vonne! 


No comments:

Post a Comment