Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 7/4

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author BJ Neblett!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: BJ Neblett

How long have you been published? My first poetry was published nationally in, Encounter, An Anthology of Modern Poetry, while I was still in high school. Since then I’ve had a few short stories placed in pulp trade anthologies. I got serious about my writing with my first book, Elysian Dreams, published in 2011.

What's the worst part about being published? That’s an interesting question. I am traditionally published, so I try and concentrate on writing. But even with a publisher, there is a never ending list of promotions and signings and such I have to attend. It’s fun, but it does cut into my writing time. The irony about being published and achieving some fame is the more popular you become, the more you have to do and the less time you have for reading.

What's the best part about being published? Ha! I could probably give the same answer: all of the publicity and signings and attention. You know you’ve made it when you are recognized on the bus by your author cover photo.

Are you self-published or did you go through a publishing company? I’ve never been self published, so I’m not qualified to answer fully. I was very lucky to find a publisher for my first book within about six months.

What is the name of your book(s)? My first was Elysian Dreams, a contemporary romantic fantasy adventure. Then came Ice Cream Camelot, a memoir about my growing up during the Kennedy administration. It’s a departure from my usual but something I needed to do. Recently I appeared in the anthology Beyond The Hedge: The Light And The Dark. 2017 will see the book Planet Alt-Sete-Nine, a contemporary fantasy about video gaming. And I am a regular contributor to eFiction and Romance Magazines.

Was it/were they an easy write for you?  I actually find the actual writing the easiest part.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? I guess the hardest part would be to actually find time to sit down and write. I find myself binge writing because a lot comes to me all at once.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Getting the words exactly right and not revealing the ending. I tend to surprise my readers with plot twists at the end that they never see coming, so I have to be careful. The clues are there, but unless you really look for them, you won’t see them right away until after the denouement.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? All of my books and magazines are available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. In the Seattle area, as well as a few other places, I can be found in many book stores.

Do you have any future projects in the works? Planet Alt-Sete-Nine looks like it is turning into at least a trilogy, so they are in the works. My publisher says it’s time to do a compilation of my short stories and another for my romance stories. And I have a couple of ideas for a full contemporary romance novel or two.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? The best place to keep up with me and my books, stories and other projects is my blog. From there readers can email me questions and comments and be put on my email blast list to be notified about releases and signings and such. Also, you can find me on Facebook.

Thank you for you time and I look forward to reading more from you in the future! Thank you. It’s been my pleasure.

---------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you author Camilla Stevens!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment