Thursday, July 20, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 7/20

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author Joe Evener!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Joe Evener

How long have you been published? My first book, "The Heart of Seras: Journey to Seras" was published in 2013. My second book in the series, "The heart of Seras: The Elders" came out in 2015.

What's the worst part about being published? The worst part, if there is one, is not being able to type fast enough to get my books out quicker.

What's the best part about being published? That's easy, seeing the labor of my hard work and ideas come to print.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I am published through Rogue Phoenix Press.

*What are the highs, if any? The high point is that my work is made available to the public, and people are enjoying them.

What is the name of your book(s)? My first two books are part of a series, The Heart of Seras series. The first one is Journey to Seras, the second one is The Elders.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? Yes, the ideas came to me easy. I started writing my book series in 2005 during my first year of college (I was 41 years old at the time), after being inspired by a freshman writing class which had the first three books of Harry Potter as textbooks, and Classical Mythology 101. After that, the story just flowed.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Finding time – besides being a husband, father, and grandfather; I'm a 5th grade language arts/social studies teacher, and a high school track coach, so finding time to sit down and write is he hardest part.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? The ideas. I have a pretty active imagination and that makes coming up with stories to tell pretty easy. I love reading, especially fantasy books – The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, stuff like that. I also loved comic books growing up. So I used to make up stories just to have fun and escape for a while. I love my current series, The Heart of Seras. It's something I have been working on since 2005. I just finished book three, "Revelation," and I have three more to go before it's finished. After that, I have seven – eight other ideas I can't wait to work on.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? My books are available on Rogue Phoenix Press, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble.com in print and ebook.

Do you have any future projects in the works? Yes, book three "Revelation" will hopefully be out later this year. I also have a dark romance book in the vein of "Lolita" that I am really excited about, and it's in the final editing stage.

*Is there a tentative release date? No, for either. I am hoping for a late fall release for "Revelation," but I have to do a final edit on the other before I continue with The Heart of Seras series.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Yes! People can follow me on Facebook, on Twitter; and on Instagram

Thank you for you time and I look forward to reading more from you in the future! Thanks again.

 ---------------------------------------------------------

Join me next week as I bring you more authors! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment