Friday, May 5, 2017

When The Light At The End Of The Tunnel...

Becomes your only beacon in the dark.

Hello, Strangers. It's been a minute. Well, not really a minute but more like a minute since you've heard from me personally.

A lot of amazing things have been happening for me this year and I couldn't be happier. Like, I am living the dream that I have only been dreaming about FOREVER! If anyone told me that this life would actually be MY life, I don't think I would have honestly believed them.

There were multiple times on this journey when I simply wanted to give up. To throw in the towel and go on my merry way, in the opposite direction. But I didn't. Something deep within me kept pushing me forward. It kept telling me to keep going no matter how much I wanted to give up. Determination is what pushed me through the darkness and into the light.

At the beginning of the year, I began doing author interviews for my blog (with spots that have me currently booked until late November). In time, that whole thing has taken on a life of its own. I've created a FB page, a Pinterest board, an email account, an Instagram account, a Twitter account, a YouTube channel, and most recently, a cell phone application all to spotlight authors in the writing industry. I'm not complaining though because I am thoroughly enjoying learning about other authors.

So far, I've been to two author events; one was here in town and the other was in IL. I have 4 more events to attend this year; three out of town and one in town that I and another author are hosting. Going to each event has been such an exhilarating experience and I'm never nervous for the same reasons. The vibes from the other authors that I have had the pleasure of meeting have been so warm and amazing. I seriously enjoy the networking. Meeting readers is always a fun experience as well because they have such an energy that I can't help but to describe as contagious. I love it!

I'm currently wrapping up my 7th book and this book will be completely different from my usual. It's a pretty short book and it is a "how to" guide for future authors. I decided to take all of the advice that I keep giving authors that come to me for help and put it into a book. I want to be able to help so many people at once but I can only help so many. Publishing this book will be a way that I can help more people at one time!

In the last 3 months, I have read at someone's event! All of which I was personally invited to come to and read at. I feel very blessed that there are people out there who want to hear my work. Who reach out to me not knowing who I am but want to feature me at their event all the same. Like, I kind of feel a little special. Famous even. Dare I say that I have arrived? (Inside Joke)

The thing that I am most excited about is the fact that in September, I will be going to NC to shoot with a photographer to become a book cover model! Eeeek!! I've always wanted to do a little modeling and I have always envisioned myself on the cover on someone's book, so I'm sure you can imagine how giddy I am to be killing two birds with one stone. It's not often that someone can have TWO of their dreams come true at the same time!!

As an editor, I have picked up so many clients! Like, I noticed the other night that I actually have a queue! A queue, can you believe that.?! I know I can't! I've been busy for quite a few months now but I'm pleased to see that more authors are hearing about my work as an editor (yes, I am editor now, lol) and trusting me to make their book publishing ready.

Wow, what else has been going on with me in the book world? Nothing else that I can think of or remember anyway, but that doesn't mean that there won't be anything else coming up.

Know this, never stop chasing the dream. Never stop trying to accomplish a goal. All of the work, blood, sweat, and tears that go into it will be totally worth it in the end. You will honestly be able to look back and be proud of yourself for not giving up when things seemed the hardest. For not tucking your tail and running off when the monsters in your head manifested themselves into your reality. You are ultimately in control of your future, so make sure it's one that you will be more than happy living in.

No comments:

Post a Comment