Thursday, May 11, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 5/11

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author Amy Cancryn!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Amy Cancryn 
Pen Name: Kayanna Kirby 
Pen Name: Bambi Bellamy

How long have you been published? Since 2011. I cannot believe it's been over 6 years already.

What's the worst part about being published? I'm an introvert, so sharing a part of myself and hoping readers respond positively to it is the hardest part of being published. When you write, you are revealing a part of yourself that I have often hidden in my day to day life.

What's the best part about being published? Accomplishment. The sense of accomplishment that comes from completing a book and having it published and available for sale. That is such a great feeling. To push past all the things that can stop you from getting published feels great.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I am self published then through a self publishing company.

*What are the highs, if any? Getting great reviews from readers feels amazing. Also, getting good royalties from distribution channels also feel good.

*What are the lows, if any? The opposite of the highs. Getting a bad review left me depressed for days, maybe weeks. I don't remember exactly. The feeling of despair is all encompassing. I think I even cried. LOL. It wasn't that bad, but it was after I published my first book and the thought that someone wouldn't like it never occurred to me. So, reading a neutral/semi-bad review as devastating. Lol.

I am over that now and I understand that my work is not for everyone and that's ok. I've developed a thick skin when it comes to criticism and truly don't take it personally. Also, I understand there are trolls out there that will write terrible things on the internet, just because they feel like it.

What is the name of your book(s)?
Pen Name: Kayanna Kirby - Title: Claimed By Desire
Author Name: Amy Cancryn - Title: Hope Learns to Jump Rope Title: Hope & Andy
Pen Name: Bambi Bellamy - Spark:An erotic novella

Was it/were they an easy write for you? No, they were not easy to write.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? The hardest part was making sure I wrote everyday until I finished. The dedication it takes to just keep writing.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? The end. LOL. When it was completed and fully edited.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)?
In Ebook and Paperback: Amy Cancryn - Amazon and Barnes & Noble

In Ebook and Paperback: KayAnna Kirby - Amazon and Barnes & Noble

Where books are sold. Order online.
Ebook Only: Google Play

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? Yes, I have future projects in the works, but I do not have a tentative release date yet.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers?
Website, Facebook, Twitter, and Amy Cancryn

---------------------------------------------------------

Join me next week as I bring you more authors!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment