Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 5/2

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author Vulyncia Poindexter!

---------------------------------------------------------


Name: Vulyncia Poindexter

How long have you been published? 5 years now.

What's the worst part about being published? The discouragement when sales aren’t moving the way you want them to.

What's the best part about being published? Seeing your dream actually become a reality.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I am currently Self-published for my first two years of being a published author I was with a publishing company.

*What are the highs, if any? The highs are the incredible people I have met. From Ms. Cleo the one and only Call me now, being able to speak with Omar Tyree, meeting Zane. I can’t forget the countless authors and poets that I’ve come to know as friends and even happier to call my family.

The biggest high I have ever felt was receiving an inbox from a young woman who’d read my book and asking me to call her. I did and she explained to me how she waited for her money to hit so she could download my book and that book inspired her to not give up at a point when she was ready to walk away from everything including her son. If I’d never sold another book, that moment made everything worth it.

*What are the lows, if any? The realization that you have to be mindful that as anything else that is done in the world there is some cattiness and not so upfront people in the literary world.

What is the name of your book(s)? Timeless Clock, Timeless Ink, and Falling Into Temptation.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? Timeless Clock and Timeless ink are both poetry book and fairly easy to put together as I’ve as written poetry and these were collections throughout the years to present. Falling into Temptation was a little bit of a challenge because as I was writing I had to reel myself in because I wanted my characters to do so much.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Discipline. With poetry you can put one subject down and write another then get back to the first. With a novel however you can’t let your mind run every which way but have structure and stick with it. Can’t write everything in the novel because you don’t want to lose your audience.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Creating the characters, and hearing their story.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Amazon, Barnes And Nobles, Create Space, and anywhere Ebooks are available.

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? Currently working on Boss Queens: Stiletto Mafioso co-written with Author Untamed set to release February 2017

Falling Into Temptation part 2: A twin’s revenge set to release later in the year of 2017

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Currently you can contact me on: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
 
 ---------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you author Avalon Scott! 


No comments:

Post a Comment