Sunday, August 24, 2014

Balloons Fly Higher and Higher...

With the more air that they are filled with...

I've been flying rather high since the release of "Treasure Chest" and I have no reason to come down. My state of mind is in a better place and my overall being is at peace. Whatever it was that I was previously going through, I think I might have found the strength to overcome it. And I'm not going to say that it was easy, because it wasn't. It took a lot of prayer and meditation, as well as "seeking help". I didn't seek help in the professional sense, but I did begin to talk about what it was that I was going through. I shared with others the state that my mental was in and I was blessed with their kind words and support. More than anything, their positive outlook was contagious. Contagious enough to bring me out of that black hole that I had taken up residence in.

I'm extremely big on pride. Like, I refuse to do anything that will weaken it, I guess. But sometimes, a person has to swallow their pride by the mouthful in order to get to that place that they so long dreamed about. It doesn't make you weak, it makes you wise.

Lately, I've been feeling pretty good about the path that lies ahead of me. I get the feeling that there's nothing but positive things to come my way. Even if some negative things should arise, I've strengthened my mental state to the point that those negative things will not put a chink in my positive mind state. Because let's face it, everything in life depends on your mind state. It's all about how you perceive a situation that will determine whether or not it makes or breaks you and quite frankly, I'm tired of being broken...

No comments:

Post a Comment