Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sometimes, All You Need...

Is. Just. One. Day...

Life gets hectic. The faster it goes, the faster we go with it. The slower it goes. the slower we go with it. Life is constantly on the move and therefore, so are we.

Oftentimes, we get so caught up in the steady pace of life that we forget about ourselves. We forget that our bodies need to rest. We even forget about our minds; they need to rest as well. We forget that all of our being needs to breathe, needs to be cared for, needs to be nurtured, but most importantly we forget that our being needs a rest.

I know that I certainly forgot lately.

On 9/5/14, I flew with my mother and brother for an overnight trip to Las Vegas. I had not been on a plane in about 22 years, so the plane ride there was an experience in and of itself. I am pleased to say that to and from Las Vegas, I came across some very nice people and that reassured me that all was not lost within humanity. Anyway, I had never been to Vegas and though we were only there for about a day, it was a break well deserved and most definitely needed. Seeing something different, new even, allowed me to rejuvenate myself enough to continue on with the steady pace in which my life had taken on. I was able to refresh myself so that any adversity that I faced, now seemed completely trivial in the grand scheme of things. It was pretty much exactly what I needed.

No matter what is going on in your life, ALWAYS take time out for yourself. Do something you love, see something new, take a mini vacay; it doesn't matter what it is as long you do SOMETHING. Sometimes, all you need is a day...

We are constantly on the move, but that doesn't mean that our being has to be. It's okay to just STOP every now and again because when you burn out, the world will still continue to spin...

No comments:

Post a Comment