Monday, August 11, 2014

I Love Being Clothed...

But now it's time for me to love being naked just as much...

The more I promote my work, the more exposed I feel. Completely bare. In the company of strangers no less. Naked for all of the world to see.

I honestly feel like no matter how much notoriety my work garners, I will ALWAYS feel as if I'm exposing my bare self to the world. I want to say that I'll eventually get over that feeling, but it hasn't shown signs of going away. I want to believe that I'll feel beyond confident about sharing my thoughts and feelings with others, but I feel more and more guarded the more I write.

I want to be one of those poets that engage readers in an open discussion about certain poems that they've written or is open minded about any kind of criticism that they receive. I want to be, but I'm not. I don't feel comfortable at all discussing certain poems that I've written and I always pray that I don't receive any negative criticism because my feelings would end up seriously hurt. Yes, I know. I sound like a wimp but it is what it is. I'm so sensitive at heart that it makes absolutely NO sense and some things, my little heart just isn't ready for.

One day though, I feel that will all change. I'm aiming for greatness and I can't have anything holding me back from attaining that greatness. Not my feelings and especially not my nakedness...

No comments:

Post a Comment