Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sometimes all it takes...

Is submerging yourself in something bigger than yourself to bring you back to the here and now...

I'm not going to lie, I've been feeling rather down lately. If one were to ask why, my answer would be that I didn't know. Why? Because I didn't. I can't explain the sudden depression or where it came from but I'm feeling a lot better. Maybe it has a lot to do with the fact that I published my third poetry book yesterday. I don't know but I submerged myself so completely into something that I love that when I came up for air, my storm cloud was gone.

Hmm... That might be a lot of my problem lately.

I find myself so consumed with being a wife, mother, sister, daughter, and aunt that I haven't had time to be a writer. Hell, to just be me. I have to remember that before all of those roles, I come first. That if I burn myself out or allow myself to fall off the edge, none of those roles will matter because I will no longer exist. And my existence is vital, if to no one else but me...

No comments:

Post a Comment