Thursday, May 18, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 5/18

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author T.L. Norman!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: T. L. Norman

How long have you been published? Since 2011. First short story published was “Think Tank” in the Freedom Forge Press anthology ‘Forging Freedom’ 

What's the worst part about being published? The publicity, marketing etc. It can take so much time away from what a writer loves to do. 

What's the best part about being published? Sharing the stories that I have worked so hard on is the best part. Getting the feedback from people who don’t even know you, and seeing how your affected them. 

Are you self-published or did you go through a publishing company? All my short stories have been published traditionally through small press publisher, and coincidentally all in first Volumes. 
*What are the highs, if any? When the ideas in your head come together and lay out on the page they way you want them to. 

*What are the lows, if any? Editing, rewrites, and the occasional lost saves or crashed computers. I recently moved, and had to downsize. The move was a rushed one and I lost a lot of hard copies of my printed drafts, one that I had been working on for over 15 years and no copies had been electronically saved. That is the lowest low I think.

What is the name of your book(s)? Forging Freedom Anthology which contains my short story Think Tank, Cranial Leakage Anthology which contains my short story The Darkening, and my award winning short story The Waiting Room which placed in the top 20 of the NeoVerse writing competition and appears in ‘Threads – A NeoVerse Anthology

Was it/were they an easy write for you? Think tank went through 22 rewrites and editing changes over 6 years before it was published, The Darkening I wrote in about an hour and submitted it the next day after 3 hours of editing to make the publishing deadline, and The waiting room, which is part one of a serial, I wrote in an weekend, longhand, and typed up in my cell phone before editing on the computer. 

What's the hardest part about writing a book? There are a few things that are hard about writing. The first would be finding the time. Writing is not my primary source of income, so the day job, the night job and the parenting job fill my days. The other part that is hard is the editing process. Fighting with myself over phrasing and grammar, rewriting as needed can be time consuming and stressful at times.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? The ideas are the easiest. My brain is a free flowing mecca of ideas that have filled notebooks. I know the direction of the stories before I start writing and I think that’s what makes the process easier. 

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Amazon is the place for readers to go for all the anthologies. Some may be available on Kindle.

Do you have any future projects in the works? I am currently working on the other 3 parts of The Waiting room serial, which the publisher is interested in publishing as a complete novel later this year.

*Is there a tentative release date? At this point no, but I should know more by the end of summer. 

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Weebly, Facebook, Twitter.

---------------------------------------------------------

Join me next week as I bring you more authors!


No comments:

Post a Comment