Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 4/4

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors Lindy S. Hudis and Abbie Guerrero!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Lindy S. Hudis

How long have you been published? About ten years now. I started out with a small press, then moved on to a bigger one, then an even bugger one. I just kept on plugging away and didn't give up.

What's the worst part about being published? The hustle, definitely. I have to continuously seek out marketing and promotion in the best way I can. It's exhausting but totally worth it.

What's the best part about being published? When a reader leaves me a great review! That is what makes it all worth it!

What is the name of your Books? I write in mutli genres, I guess you could say I have a little something for everyone. I have a mystery/thriller "Crashers", my romance/suspense "Weekends and my general fiction "City of Toys", and I also write erotic romance as well.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Writer's block, that stinks. I will set at the computer and just stare at a blank screen. There there is being distracted by Facebook, lol. I just have to be tough on myself.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? For me, I really like the editing process. The hard part if over and now I am working with an editor for the icing on the cake, if you will. I enjoy seeing the story finally come to life and is no longer in the abstract.

Where can interested readers purchase a copy of your books? Right here

Do you have any future projects in the works? I always do, I am currently writing the first installment of a series. Will be released in 2018

Do you have any social media sites? Yes! Please friend me on Facebook and Twitter. Here is my FB author page, come say hello! I am always looking to meet new readers! 

---------------------------------------------------------


Name: Abbie Guerrero

How long have you been published? I published my first and only book on April 1, 2015

What's the worst part about being published? The work that it takes to get your name out there

What's the best part about being published? That feeling of accomplishment, reaching a goal that I set for myself ten years ago, telling people that I have actually written a book

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? *What are the highs, if any? *What are the lows, if any? I went through a publishing company. Lows were cost per photo that I wanted published in my book. The cost kept going up and it was frustrating so I had to eliminate some images that I wanted due to price. The high is knowing that I have someone who knows what they are doing. I tried to self publish but it was too much so it was nice to have someone in control of that. 

What is the name of your book(s)? Heaven’s Hero: A True Story

Was it/were they an easy write for you? No it was actually very hard. My Dad passed away in the Lifeflight Helicopter accident here in Utah in 2003. It took ten years worth of information and research to put everything together. It was very emotional for me at times.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Gathering data, going through an editor or the editing process, having to go back and rewrite certain sections, eliminating photos and such based on pricing, and just the emotional toll of writing about my Dad who passed away.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? I honestly did not find anything that was easy about this process but I was very intrigued by it and tried to enjoy every step as much as I could.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Readers can purchase my book on Amazon.com or online at Barnesandnoble.com. 

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? I am currently in the process of writing three books – a second book on my Dad, a book on dating and relationships, and another on conquering anxiety and depression. I do not have tentative release dates as all are in the early stages.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? I have a Facebook page for my book as well as local heroes and positive stories.
 
 
 ---------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you more authors!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment