Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 4/18

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have Janice Lane Palko!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Janice Lane Palko

How long have you been published? I've been writing professionally for more than 20 years for newspapers, magazines, and websites. My first novel came out in 2012.

What's the worst part about being published? I don't enjoy marketing. I'd much rather write.

What's the best part about being published? I get such a thrill when readers tell me that they couldn't put my book down or when they say they didn't see a twist coming.

Are you self-published or did you go through a publishing company? I self-published because each time that I approached an agent or traditional publisher, I kept getting the same answer: I love your book, but I just don't know where to place it to market it.

*What are the highs, if any? The high is realizing through reader feedback that you do write stories that appeal to readers. Writing is done in such isolation, you don't really know until after you release a book if it resonates or not. 

*What are the lows, if any? I really haven't had any lows. I love connecting with readers, and I've found most of the other writers (like you) to be very willing to share their knowledge and help other writers.

What is the name of your book(s)? Most Highly Favored Daughter, a romantic suspense; Cape Cursed, a romantic suspense; A Shepherd's Song, a Christmas story; and St. Anne's Day, a romantic comedy.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? A bit of both. I usually know the opening and how I want the book to end so that's the easy part. Finding the rest of the story in between is the challenge.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Finding the time to write is always a challenge.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? For me, writing dialogue is the easiest part.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? My books are available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords. They are available in paperback and digital form.

Do you have any future projects in the works? I'm writing another romantic comedy, a spinoff of St. Anne's Day called Our Lady of the Roses. 
*Is there a tentative release date? I hope to release it later in2017.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? My website and my blog. I'm on Facebook and Twitter.
---------------------------------------------------------

 Join me on Thursday as I bring you author Whitney R. Mayes and A.M. Griffin!


No comments:

Post a Comment