Wednesday, June 3, 2020

That Is All...

To all of my "non-black" friends on social media,

There are some of you that would lay your life down on the line for me and I, for you. Your understanding of what's happening in the world right now and your willingness to stand for what's right is what makes the blood pump stronger in my veins. You have proven time and again, and not just on social media, that it doesn't matter who it makes uncomfortable, all people should be treated equally. It's what has made my love and respect for you as strong as it has become. 

There are some of you that are wanting to be allies and we need a lot of those right now. Continue to be willing to learn, to ask questions, to keep your eyes open and understand that there is a difference in the way that black people are treated compared to EVERYONE else, but especially compared to white people. Be willing to hear what our plight is and be willing to understand that what is currently going on is more than what some people are trying to say that it is. It's not about destruction and looting at all, it's about centuries of oppression. Centuries of being used as the scapegoat when ANY RACE decides to commit a crime. Murderers have walked free all because "a black man did it" was their trump card. 

Then, there are some of you that are completely clueless and absolutely tone deaf and willing to remain that way. If I see an ignorant post that you created or if I see ignorant comments from people you know on a post you've created and you're not challenging those people, hell, if I have to even question where you stand, I will cut you the fuck off. No questions asked. I don't care how many years we have known one another, it'll be snip snip, little bitch. Trust me, I have cut people off for less. Heed my warning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment