Thursday, December 13, 2018

Just Remember...

To take a deep breath...

That's what Jacob, the SWAT Nurse, said to me as he poked me in the arm with a needle.

I don't think he realized how profound his words were to me. So much so, that I blurted something totally random out because I couldn't get my thoughts together fast enough.

Forgetting to take a deep breath... That's how 2018 has been for me, at least the last half of it anyway. I found myself constantly holding my breath as I waited for the other shoe to drop. Waited for another disaster to hit. Waited for more humbling moments to knock me to my knees.

Never once did I take a deep breath and never once did I simply just relax.

And I probably should've, but I couldn't. I mean, how can you when you feel like you're living out "A Series Of Unfortunate Events"?

Anyway, in that brief moment after the needle penetrated my skin and Jacob gave me profound advice, it occured to me, like really occurred to me, that all I had to do was take a deep breath. Whatever was to come, would come, but instead of holding my breath and waiting for the impact of the storm, I needed to just take a deep breath and wait patiently for the storm to pass...

No comments:

Post a Comment