Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 6/13

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors Tina Susedik and Maria Hocking!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Tina Susedik
 
How long have you been published? My first history book was published in 1998, my first romance in 2013, my first children’s book in 2015.
 
What’s the worst part of being published? Promotion. I absolutely hate it. It takes so much time away from what I love – writing. I finally hired someone to help me.
 
What’s the best part of being published? Seeing what’s in my head in book form and having a reader tell me they loved my story or thought it was funny.
 
Are you self-published or did you go through a publishing company? I’m what they call a hybrid. I write for to publishers, but also self- publish. With a publisher, they do all the work of formatting, creating covers, and getting the books on various sites. With self-publishing, you have to do all that yourself. Learning to format has been a real challenge for me. With both you still have to do self-promotion.
 
What are the names of your books? These are just my romances: As Tina Susedik: Riding for Love, The Trail to Love, A Photograph of Love, Never With a Rich Man, Operation Santa (In Sizzle in the Snow Anthology), The Valentine’s Proposal (In My Sexy Valentine Anthology). As Anita Kidesu: Surprise Me, Surprise Me Again, South Seas Seduction, Double the Surprise
 
Were they easy for you to write? Each book had some struggle, but once I learned to listen to what my characters want, it became easier. 
 
What’s the hardest part of writing a book? Editing and re-writing. Once my first draft is done, I just want to get on to the next book. I also have a hard time coming up with character names and titles. I usually change at least one character’s name several times throughout a book.
 
What’s the easiest part of writing? Coming up with an idea. I have enough ides to last me a life-time and beyond.
 
 Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? All my books can be found on Amazon.
 
Do you have any future projects in the works? I have two books coming out in November. I’m currently sworking on both. One is part of the Chandlerville Series and the other is another story for Sable Hunter’s Hell Yeah! Kindle World series. I’m also working on another children’s book and a short story.
 
Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Social Media links: Wordpress, Twitter, My Website, Facebook, Goodreads, Pinterest, and My Newletter

---------------------------------------------------------
 
Name: Maria Hocking
 
How long have you been published? For 6 months.

What's the worst part about being published? I’ve yet to find a worst part!

What's the best part about being published? Knowing that my dream came true, and knowing that I can change lives with my words worldwide.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I used www.alisonjones.com, so self published but with massive support and perks. I keep all rights to my book, but it’s looked after by Alison, so I get to spend my time doing what I’m really good at, which is changing lives.

*What are the highs, if any? I have kept the rights to my book, and had more freedom with choice of cover, typesetting, design etc. I felt in control of the process.

*What are the lows, if any? I had to remind myself to stick with my instinct, and go with what I believed in regarding title, cover etc. It’s easy to be influenced by others, and I think it’s important to listen to the opinions of others, but never compromise your passion as a result.

What is the name of your book(s)? Strip Naked & Re-Dress With Happiness, How To Survive & Thrive Through Personal Challenge

Was it/were they an easy write for you? I wouldn’t say easy, because it took a lot of work. It became easier when I realised that I needed to be flexible and go with my creativity, whenever it arose....even at 3am!

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Starting it, and commiting to it. Making time every day to take one step towards it. Eventually momentum builds and it becomes more natural and much easier, but the start is the hardest part!

What's the easiest part about writing a book? It’s when you are in the ‘writing zone’ and hours and days pass with words flowing effortlessly from your fingertips. It feels amazing!

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Amazon (.co.uk and .com), and my web-site.

Do you have any future projects in the works? I have another self help book in the pipe line!
 
*Is there a tentative release date? Not yet

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Twitter and Facebook
 
---------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you author T. L. Hayes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment