Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Leave it to the unprepared...

To wish to be prepared...

Courtesy of Mother Nature, I was taught a very valuable lesson the last few days: never wait until the last minute to do something that should've been done yesterday.

I hate to admit it, but I have a tad bit of procrastinator in me. Yes, yes, it's true! I cannot believe it myself, more or less, I just refused to believe it about myself. For everything that I am timely on, there is just that one thing that I can't help but to push off until the last minute. Well, not anymore.

On January 5th, Mother Nature decided to grace us with the worst weather I have experienced in OH yet! It was so bad that the county that I currently reside in was at a Level 3 for about three days!! It was so bad that the plant that I currently work at sent us home early and they NEVER do that!! Basically, it was downright bad. A Level 3 pretty much means that unless you're city or emergency personnel, you don't have any business out on the roads. If caught on the roads, you face a citation and/or possible jail time. So yeah, the storm that hit the MidWest was rather a serious one to say the least.

But anyway, back to where I was going with this. I was so unprepared mentally that I almost went stir crazy stuck in the house! Granted, I was not alone but when you feel trapped, you just feel trapped. Had I mentally accepted the fact that the storm was as serious as it was being made out to be, I might've acted accordingly: completely hysterical. But I was so laid back and nonchalant about it that when I finally realized that it was bad, it was too late.

I can't explain it, but I do know that even your mental requires proper preparation for certain situations...

No comments:

Post a Comment