Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dreams Taste Like Rainbows

Dreams taste like rainbows and rainbows taste like heaven... Totally random, I know... But I've been feeling that way lately...

On Tuesday morning, I published my SECOND POETRY BOOK..! AHHH!!! I am sooo excited about it, but with that excitement comes that nervousness that I get when the thought of someone reading my private thoughts and personal feelings comes to mind... I don't know how the book will be received and I would be lying if I said that I didn't care, because I do... I want people to understand me, relate to me, grow from me... I don't want them thinking that I was crazy or even full of it... Hehe, yeah...

It's pretty awesome though that this book had more guest authors than the first one... In the first one, I had 4 but in this one I had 12..! Their poems took my book from 80 pages to 134 pages, so I thought that that was pretty cool..! I am blessed to know each one of them personally and honored that they allowed me to showcase their work (For some AGAIN)..! Each one of them are truly talented writers..!

Since publishing the book, "A Deeper Me" by the way, I've felt a void in my soul... But that could be because the very thing I looonged to do for the last 5 years, is complete... It's a good thing I suppose; allows more room and time for something else to be done... I just don't know... Like I'm happy but I feel sort of blank about it... I want to say the reality has set in that I am a published author of multiple projects, but it's as if I haven't really grasped it yet... Definitely hadn't accepted the fact that I was a published author when I had ONE book, so how will I accept it now that I have THREE.?!

I thank God for everything though... He was my source strength... He gave me the ability to articulate my thoughts into words... Allowed my words to form the sentences that were the verses to my poems... Without God, I don't know if I would've been able to be the writer that I have become today...

No comments:

Post a Comment