Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 6/6

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have author James Stoddah!

---------------------------------------------------------


Name: James Stoddah

How long have you been published? My first book was published in June 2014.

What's the worst part about being published? I wouldn’t say there’s a worst part. The marketing is harder than the writing, that’s what I find the most frustrating.

What's the best part about being published? There’s a feeling of fulfilment and I love the kindness of people who genuinely enjoyed reading your books.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? Self-Published, though I co-own the publishing company and we release works from other authors.

*What are the highs, if any? *What are the lows, if any? The struggle to get the book into bookstores is the main frustration but otherwise I enjoy having the control of my time and creative direction.

What is the name of your book(s)? A Parallel Trust (2015) and Ring of Conscience (2014)

Was it/were they an easy write for you? They both involved plenty of research but the writing was enjoyable. I found myself connecting to the characters better with A Parallel Trust and I am proud of the book. It’s been received well, even from people I expected criticism from.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Revising and editing. Sometimes, I’m made aware of something that doesn’t work so well but have to make sure I keep continuity with the mystery. I spend most of my time re-reading what I’ve written and that’s what takes most of my time. Other than that it’s finding the time!

What's the easiest part about writing a book? The original idea. I have dozens of ideas that I write down in a notebook and expand over time. I get excited when that happens as well. Often the problem is choosing which idea to work on next.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Most online bookshops, including Amazon.

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? I am in the early stages of writing a new book. As yet, it’s untitled but will be the third book in the Riley’s Investigation series. I hope to release it by the end of 2017.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Yes I do. My primary sites are: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Pinterest. I also have a website with mailing list.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to reading more from you in the future! You’re welcome. Thank you for the interview.

---------------------------------------------------------
 

Join me on Thursday as I bring you authors Jessica M. Chittester and Kamau Mahakoe!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment