Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Memories Are Reminders...

Of what was will never be...

Have you ever found yourself despising your memories? Not regretting the moments but angry at the fact that you can remember them? Well, I have. Am actually...

I think it's because I have an ample amount of time on my hands so I have plenty of time to think, but my memories anger me. The good ones, the bad ones, and even the ones that just were. I know that having your memory is a huge blessing but right now, I would rather be cursed...

All of my memories remind me of "what was". Moments that have happened that will never happen again; all a constant reminder of the past. People, places, things, and actions. Disappointments and let downs. Accomplishments and pride. Almosts and wasn'ts. What are memories but constant reminders off what's no longer mine? (Sigh)

To remember or to forget? That is the ultimate question....

"I'm beginning to despise my memories,
Moments engraved in my mind,
The good, the bad, the inbetween,
Reminders of what's no longer mine..." - La Kata E.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment