Wednesday, October 31, 2012

And Just Like A Raging Thunderstorm...

It was over.

Nothing ever lasts forever; certainly not our hardships. They either make us or they break us and it ultimately all depends on our state of mind.

I've said this multiple times before, but I had quite a year this year. I was tested beyond my wildest imagination and I was humbled more than I could've ever thought possible. I learned a lot about myself and those around me, but more importantly I learned about myself.

When you're standing looking in a mirror, you are faced with your flaws. Dead on. Smack dab in your face like "BAM!". We can't hide them and we damn sure can't deny them because they are what makes us US. They define us and they show what we've been through. Our flaws are even there to help us get through some thing that is yet to come. Deny it all we may, but we are not perfect.

When you put your feet in the dirt and drag along, you will come to find that your hardships drag on and seem to last forever; I've actually found that to be true too. Instead of being stubborn or complicated, open up your heart and mind to the reality of what's right in front of you. Open yourself up to the lesson that you are being presented with and allow yourself to take in every moment but all the while make sure that you are learning something from it. When you do this, you will find that life will become much easier and your clarity will become even clearer.

Trust me, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment