Thursday, August 3, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 8/3

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors A.J. Write and Debra Gaskill!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: A.J. Write

How long have you been published? I've been published for just a little over a year and a half.

What's the worst part about being published? I couldn't say what the worst part is about being published. There's plenty of low points but you learn from them. So I couldn't say what the worst is.

What's the best part about being published? Everything that comes with being published is the best part. Even the craziness within the industry.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company?
I go through a publishing company called Lucinda John Presents. 
*What are the highs, if any? The highs for me personally is that I have absolutely 100% control over my art. I come up with my covers and I write what I want, however I want. 
 
*What are the lows, if any?
No lows because I can do what I want.

What is the name of your book(s)?
A B-More Love 1-3, Me and A Boss 1-2, Three Kings Cartel 1-3, Three Kings Cartel: A Royale Family Affair, My East Coast Hustla, He Don't Deserve You 1-2, Looking for a Ridah, I Refuse to Lose Your Love, Broken 1-2, Love From A Thug, Captured by His Love

Was it/were they an easy write for you? None of my books are easy to write. They get harder to write actually. The more you grow with your writing the harder it gets because you try to do more or something different with each New book.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? The hardest part about writing a book is writing it. Making sure it flows, remembering the characters and keeping up with everything you want to have going on.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? The easiest part about writing a book is finishing it. When you get to the end is the most accomplishing thing that can happen to an author.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? For kindle readers, my books can be found on Amazon. Paperbacks can be found on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Also, readers can go to my website to order paperbacks.

Do you have any future projects in the works? I'm always working on something but I just finished a book that will be releasing August 16th called "A Gangsta Love".

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers?Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
 
---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Debra Gaskill (pen names Debra Gaskill and Anne Hunter Nash)

How long have you been published? My first novel, BARN BURNER, was originally published in 2009. Over the last several years, I’ve had about a book a year published, sometimes two a year.

What's the worst part about being published? There’s a bad part?

What's the best part about being published? Meeting my fans is wonderful, and going to events.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I’m self-published, but I own my own publishing business, D’Llama Publishing, which offers book formatting, covers, and editing services for indie authors.
 
*What are the highs, if any? The highs are the ease with which author’s can make their visions a reality for a relatively low cost, if any at all.
 
*What are the lows, if any? The lows are the effort it takes to make the world aware of your work. That can be daunting.

What is the name of your book(s)? My original series is the JUBILANT FALLS series, which involves the staff of a small southwestern Ohio newspaper, their relationships and the crimes the solve. Those titles are BARN BURNER, THE MAJOR’S WIFE, LETHAL LITTLE LIES, MURDER ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE and DEATH OF A HIGH MAINTENANCE BLONDE. My second series is a private detective series, centered around a fictional fracking down in northeast Ohio. The main character is a retired cop named Niccolo Fitzhugh. Those titles are CALL FITZ, HOLY FITZ and LOVE, FITZ.

My newest novel is general women’s fiction and written under a pen name, Anne Hunter Nash. It’s the story of a woman coming to terms with the legacy of lies in her life.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? I was a crime reporter and newspaper editor for about 20 years, so writing comes easily to me.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? My tendency is to write my characters into a corner and then say “OK, you guys, what happens now?” Sometimes they take longer to figure it out than I’d like.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? I have a wealth of crimes and evidence of man’s inhumanity to man to draw from for my stories.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? All of my books are available on Amazon. All the Jubilant Falls novels and all the Fitz novels are also available on Nook, Apple, and other subscriber services, but the Anne Hunter Nash is only available at this time on Amazon. Find them all on my website

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? A fourth book in the Niccolo Fitzhugh series, KISSING FITZ, is coming in late August.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers?
You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
 ---------------------------------------------------------

Join me next week as I bring you more authors!

No comments:

Post a Comment