Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The Purpose Of Networking...

Is to make valuable connections with others...

At least, that's what I think that means.

Recently, I decided to host author interviews in my blog. Why, you might ask? Because, this allows authors to be seen by possible readers. There is such an expanse of writers out there that a lot of readers have never heard anything about them. And those that have been heard about, some readers may have never even considered reading them. I feel like these interviews will help to pique the interest of readers and fellow authors alike.

One never knows, an author may see another author that they would be interested in reading. Maybe even doing a collaboration with. It's one of those things that you never really know where it will go, but you know it can only go forward.

I'm coming to appreciate all of the associations that I have been making since creating my author FB page in November. There are genres that I either knew nothing about or hadn't considered reading before that are now of interest to me. There are authors that I am connecting with that I would've never connected with had I not stepped out of my comfort zone and become one with my writer side.

For the most part, I am pleased to see the bonding and camaraderie within the writing community. I mean, there are people who are rude, nasty, and selfish. And there is one genre that I've noticed has a crazy amount of drama within it among their writers, but other than that, everyone seems to pretty much get along. We need to because we are all doing the same thing, if you think about it. We are all bringing stories to our readers with our words. Expanding our reader's imaginations with each  turn of the page, or swipe of the screen, or click of an arrow; you get the point I'm making.

Anyway, be on the ready because starting Thursday, I will be bringing "Authors In The Spotlight" to my blog every Tuesdays and Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment