Sunday, May 1, 2016

Coming Up For Air...

Because I've held my breath too long...

It has been a minute since my post but for good reason.

When I went "off the grid" in the beginning, it was so that I could concentrate my focus more on what I felt needed my attention most. Out of the four things previously listed, only two ended up receiving the most attention; my physical fitness and my proofreading. I've not only slimmed down but I've toned up since then and the entire month of March was booked with clients that sought my proofreading services.

Still...

I feel like I need to focus even more, even harder because I feel as though I'm slipping.  Change is happening and I can't handle it. The grip I feel that I had on my "normal" is slipping from my grasp and it's scaring the life out of me. I don't do well with change; never have and apparently, never will. Change is the equivalent of the unknown and the unknown is my boogeyman...

Lately, I've been diving into my book. I'm in the process of reading through the beginning and the middle in order to come up with an end that pleases me. That, along with my physical fitness,  are the current holders of my focus. Maybe if I focus hard enough, I won't notice the process of everything changing around me.

I am not who I used to be and that is what scares me most of all...

No comments:

Post a Comment