Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What If Dreams Were Hallucinations...

Would they still be considered dreams?

We grow up imagining a certain lifestyle for ourselves, a certain career, but what if what we dream doesn't really exist? What if our dream job isn't truly meant for us? What if... What if...

Lately, I find myself gravitating more and more to proofreading than to writing. Like, I simply LOVE to write, but it's seems like I've grown to love to proofread even more. I almost feel like I'm betraying myself because I have always wanted to be a die hard writer but now, I don't...

I find it kind of cool to get to be "behind the scenes" as a book is in the publishing phase. It's almost like you know a secret that the world isn't privy to yet. You were privileged enough to be the "chosen one" to carry out such a task as important as proofreading another writer's work. And even more so, you were trusted enough not to give away book details.

Being a proofreader can be pretty heavy stuff, but you know what? I'm completely ready for it. I've been proofreading for a close friend for years, now it's time that I take that leap and proofread for others as well. 

Bring it on...

No comments:

Post a Comment