Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pieces To My Puzzle

I currently have a picture that I want to write a poem to. Actually, someone I know is letting me use a picture that they took a couple of weeks ago. I love it! It's deep and powerful, yet simple. I even know what I want to write, BUT I just can't organize everything to make the poem work! I've been jotting and erasing like no one's business. And when I don't erase, it just reads like a bunch of scattered thoughts :^( Sooo not fair or good for that matter. The first four sentences flow beautifully, after that however, it's a train wreck waiting to happen. I want to write about the depth that I'm feeling from looking at this picture but I don't want it to come off as depressing because depressing is soo not what I want this poem to portray. I want it to portray exactly what you see. New life, color amongst the dull, life amongst the dead. I'll just have to take time to write the poem and not rush it, because when I rush it, I always end up making a lyrical mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment