Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 8/8

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have authors Ashley Barge and Tamala Lynn Cornish!

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ashley Barge aka Armani Chanell

How long have you been published? Since January

What's the worst part about being published? Having rude people attack your work. There's a difference between constructive criticism and being straight nasty!

What's the best part about being published? Sharing my imagination with others.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? Publishing Company
*What are the highs, if any? Meeting other authors that have your back.
*What are the lows, if any? Sharing my damn coins!!!

What is the name of your book(s)? Creole Mafia: A Fanmi Affair, Creole Mafia 2: Hurricane Season, Love on the 14th (A Valentine to Remember), Becky With the Good Hair ( ShyAnn With the Good Twat)

Was it/were they an easy write for you? No!

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Details to describe your feelings and objects how you feel and see them. Also walking a thin line between realism and fantasy.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Writing "the end".

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Amazon or Barnes And Noble

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? Yes I have 8. No dates as of yet.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Facebook, Facebook Fan Page, Twitter, and Instagram.

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Tamala Lynn Cornish

How long have you been published? I have been published for four years.

What's the worst part about being published? Well, I have to say this with a conscious mind. Every business has it’s done falls. I would have to say not being in control.

What's the best part about being published? Hmm, I would say the exposure. The ability to learn the business from another perspective.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I started out self-publishing, but to do that you need to have a lot of patience and just like any other business venture, start-up money. I took a step back and felt the smarter option would be for me to join a publishing company until I gained more exposure and created my own contacts.

*What are the highs, if any? *What are the lows, if any? The highs, umm I would have to say, being under someone who is well known. This helps increase your audience tremendously, I get to reach people who may not of heard of me otherwise. The lows, as I stated before, not being in control of your work. Not getting to choose your release date or being able to write what’s dear to your heart when you’re signed to a genre specific publishing company.

What is the name of your book(s)? I have several in the works. Here are my titles that are available for purchase now: Fumble, Secret Touches, Neva’ Seen A Thug Cry Pt. 1&2, Biggs and Madison Pt. 1&2, Gutta and India, What she do, to make you love her? ( A collaboration with Author Cedric Lewis), Give Up (Motivational, Daily Affirmations)

Was it/were they an easy write for you? I find it easier to write, hopeless romantic novels or motivational pieces, but just like any skill, it becomes easier the more you do it.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Hmm everything! No I would have to say, the hardest part about writing a book for me is making it sound believable. The audience who I am targeting really looks past the “Frictional” part, they want something that they can relate to or something that will help them escape their own reality. Dropping books back to back is a talent.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Being creative, I love being creative. Putting words together to make the reader, feel as though they are in the book. I love it!

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? My books are available through my website and Amazon.

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date?I do, I have a new release coming soon. The book is called Feenin’ for a Dope boy. There is no release date at this time, but everyone who is waiting or looking forward to it can add my author page on Facebook and read the synopsis.
 
Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Yes. My website, Facebook, and Snapchat: AuthorTam8
 
--------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you author Jaz' Akins!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment