Thursday, January 12, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 1/12

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have Renee Harless, Jesse Frankel, and Kelly D. Smith!


----------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Renee Harless

How long have you been published? Since 2015

What's the worst part about being published? The worst part about being published is having to overcome the fear of rejection.

What's the best part about being published? Meeting so many different authors and readers. The network is amazing!

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? *What are the highs, if any? *What are the lows, if any?  I am self-published. The difficulty being self-published is truthfully how much it costs. Editors, formatters, cover designers, it all has fees. But with that comes the ability to have complete control over the process. 

What is the name of your book(s)? My first series is titled The Stone Series. It features Stone Shattered, Stone Unhinged, and Stone Mended. My second Series is titled Welcome to Carson. It features Coming Alive, at this point, but it will be a very long series.

Was it/were they an easy write for you? They were. I wrote each of the books in a 30 day period, the plot and characters came quickly.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? Managing time, work, and family with the need to write. It can get very overwhelming.

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Letting the characters speak through you. Once they have a story I simply become the middle man between them and the computer.

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? All the available links can be found on my website www.reneeharless.com. They are available at all major retailers in e-book and paperback.

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? I am currently getting ready to release Coming Alive on Jan 17. Coming Together, Coming Consumed, and Coming Altered will all release in 2017.

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? 
Facebook: /authorreneeharless
Instagram: Renee_Harless
Twitter: Renee_Harless
Goodreads: /reneeharless


 ----------------------------------------------------------------



Name: Jesse Frankel, pen name, J.S. Frankel

How long have you been published? I started out writing in 2011 and have been at it seriously for the last three years.

Best and worst parts about being published?
Best part is being noticed--a little.
Worst part is not getting any sales, but that's how it goes.

Self published or traditionally published? I'm traditionally published, through small to mid-size publishers.

Highs and lows of being traditionally published:
Highs? Seeing my books on Amazon and hearing from satisfied readers!
Lows? having a company go under and not tell me.

What are the names of your books? Some of my best known books are the Catnip series, Twisted, The Menagerie, Picture (Im)perfect, and Mr. Taxi.

Were they an easy write for you? Yes, once I got the idea, I was fine, but it took time.

Hardest and easiest part of writing a book?
Hardest part is getting started as well as editing.
Easiest is when the beginning is done and it flows from there.

Where can your books be found? You can find my novels on Amazon.

Anything in the works? Future releases will be The Titans of Ardana and its sequel, and perhaps two more, but no release dates as of yet. I'm hoping the first Titans novel will be out by the end of January, but I'll have to wait.

Social media sites? I'm on facebook under my real name of Jesse Frankel, and also on twitter @JessSFrankel
 

 ----------------------------------------------------------------


Name: Kelly D. Smith

How long have you been published? Four years

What's the worst part about being published? That depends on the day. If there is something I regret publishing, that might be it, if I don't feel like networking that could be it as well.

What's the best part about being published? I think the best part is seeing someone with your book or who has read your book and enjoyed it. Seeing a book in print is also always awesome.

Are you self published or did you go through a publishing company? I'm with a publisher. I have self published but I don't like it very much. I work with Siren Bokstrand and I love working with them. The editors are amazing and the cover art is always gorgeous!

What is the name of your book(s)? Well, I don't want to list them all since that would take a long time! Instead, I'll just leave a link to where you can find some: www.bookstrand.com/book/rock-stars-arent-for-country-girls

Was it/were they an easy write for you? It was, yes! I love writing, honestly.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? I think the hardest part is knowing when to finish it and not rushing yourself. What's the easiest part about writing a book? Letting the words flow!

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Here: www.bookstrand.com/book/rock-stars-arent-for-country-girls, as well as most book sellers.

Do you have any future projects in the works? I'm working on a few stuff right now. Mainly, though, the fourth book in this series.

*Is there a tentative release date? Nothing for sure right now, but I'm hoping early 2017!

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? I love hearing from readers! Twitter and Facebook are the best ways to get a hold of me.  

----------------------------------------------------------------

Join me next week as I bring you more authors! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment