Thursday, October 30, 2014

Where There Is Darkness....

There is light. Where there is day, there is night.

Many things are cloaked in darkness. Some of our worst fears, deepest secrets, biggest regrets and private truths are kept in the dark. The darkness is there for a reason...

When the darkness becomes all consuming, it is then that we seek the light. However, it is something that we do by choice. On our own. One cannot be forced into the light unless they want to go. Nor, will anyone bearing a flashlight be welcomed.

What a person doesn't understand is that one HAS to be in the darkness in order to appreciate the light. There are people who want to be saved and there are others who don't. There are people who, in order to move forward, have to understand that moving backwards is not an option.

I have been so foolish in thinking that I live privately, when in all actuality, my life is completely transparent. My words as clear as cellophane. That does not work for me. I like my darkness. I embrace my darkness. I need my darkness. Most importantly, people cannot SEE me in my darkness...

I will find the light when I am ready, but for now, your flashlight isn't welcomed here...

No comments:

Post a Comment