Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Authors in the Spotlight 12/19

In today's Authors in the Spotlight, we have Avery Goode and K Sherrie!


---------------------------------------------------------- 

Name: Avery Goode 

How long have you been published? 7 years

What's the worst part about being published? There is nothing bad about being published... I just wish I had entered the arena much sooner. 

What's the best part about being published? Seeing my books in readers hands and knowing that others are enjoying my wild imagination come to life.

Are you self-published or did you go through a publishing company? My book, Dishonest, was published by my company, Goode Gyrls Publications, but I'm signed to Life Changing Books for The Pillow Princess series and MBP Publications for Head Doctor. 

*What are the highs, if any? I love traveling, doing book events, and selling books.  

*What are the lows, if any? The bickering that goes on within the industry is disheartening… Thankfully, I remain out of all that.  

What is the name of your book(s)? My newest release is Head Doctor, Dishonest. Pillow Princess part1 and part 2. 

Was it/were they an easy write for you? It has been fairly simple to write all of my books. However, it is difficult trying to keep up with the voices in my head. They all want to speak at the same time…

What's the hardest part about writing a book? With a busy schedule, it is not always easy to find the time to write. Lately, I've found myself writing while I am sitting in employment law class or wherever I can manage to eke out some time…

What's the easiest part about writing a book? Coming up with original content and then outlining the new project.  Living in Atlanta, there's always fodder for the next project.  

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? Amazon, Books A Million, Select Barnes and Noble... Wherever books are sold. 

Do you have any future projects in the works? Head Doctor 2: The Freakquel will release in a few short weeks and a few projects that I've outlined. 

*Is there a tentative release date? January 2018 for Head Doctor but not for the other books I am working on...

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? Readers can connect with me on Facebook.... Twitter, Instagram, and on Periscope, I am thegoodescribe on all 3... SnapChat is SheGoode.

---------------------------------------------------------- 

 
Name: K Sherrie

How long have you been published? At the current time, I have exactly 3 years and 6 months under my belt as a published author

What's the worst part about being published? The worst part for me is just finding enough time in the day to balance it all. Writing, promoting, building a fan base and then tack real life on to that and it can be overwhelming at times.

What's the best part about being published? The best part for me is when somebody I’ve never met, so they have no obligation to me, says hey I loved your book! Such and such was my favorite character! When people want to talk to me about the people in my head it feels amazing and to me that’s the best part of it all.

Are you self-published or did you go through a publishing company? I chose the road of self-publishing.

*What are the highs, if any? The highs are having total control over your content. That’s one of the biggest things for me.

*What are the lows, if any? The lows are the fact that you have to work twice as hard to be noticed when you are Indie (self published). Sadly, people will bypass your work at times simply because it’s not attached to a publishing house.

What is the name of your book(s)? My to-date catalog is as follows:
Queen of DC Series
QDC1-It’s Not Just A Boys Game Anymore
QDC2- Shit Gets Real On The Battlefield
Diary Of A Pawn- An Interlude to the Queen Of DC Series
QDC3- The Story Of My Demise
QDC4- The Book Of Revelations

The Package Deal Series
The Package Deal
TPD2- Hard Lessons
TPD3- A Mother’s Pain, A Father’s Regret

Mikki And Meeko Series
Mikki And Meeko- A Teenage Love

Was it/were they an easy write for you? I won’t say it was easy, but it wasn’t rocket science hard either. The hardest of them all was TPD series because an element from my real life sparked the idea for the story and at times my emotions started to show up making it difficult to stay in the moment.

What's the hardest part about writing a book? The hardest part for me is finding the time to sit down and write. And also the moments when my characters have nothing to say. That creates a major road block in the process. And Synopsis writing! I hate that moment in time where I have to condense 300 or more pages down to 3 paragraphs that grab and hold the readers attention without giving too much away.  Synopsis writing is the reason why I scream!

What's the easiest part about writing a book? The easiest part for me is coming up with the ideas or storylines. I could literally be walking down the street and BAM! A new idea jumps into my head out of nowhere. So that’s the easiest part for me!

Where can interested readers purchase their copy of your book(s)? My books can be purchased directly from me (which I recommend if you are interested in paperbacks!) they are also available @ Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Politics & Prose And Walmart.

Do you have any future projects in the works? *Is there a tentative release date? YES!! I am praying that 2018 is the year that I become a full time author! So the books will be coming back to back! Look out for these titles coming all 2018: Lola (Early 2018), Mikki And Meeko 2: Love Under New Management (Spring 2018), Black’s Widow (Spring 2018), Ride Share (Summer 2018), The Girl With Everything to Lose (Late 2018)

Do you have any social media sites that you would like to share with my readers? I am always on Facebook. Check me out on Instagram. I am also on Twitter

----------------------------------------------------------

Join me on Thursday as I bring you authors Shanice B. and Frances Forster.  



No comments:

Post a Comment